Print onto Heavy Card ( 650 gsm )

Edit My Images
No
I need some photo folders for a presentation but need them branded, one option is to get foil branding on them when I get them Maple Framing but my client would prefer to get something their logo which is on colour printed on them.

I have checked with 2 local printers and they have informed that they are unable to print on 650 gsm card.

So, what I am looking to see if there is any other way I can get the logo printed, anyone any suggestions please?

Is their logo in full colour, if not get their logo foil in a specific colour?

Last edited:
+1 with @dcash29 if a full colour logo you are going to struggle!

However, if their logo can be separated into single colours e.g. red, blue, green. Then foil blocking in the best option....but that will require a block (die) for each colour and "a pass per colour" per colour. That requires good tight registration control !

Just how many do you need? IME (of supplying hot stamping foils ~ NB most folder makers will only offer Gold, silver or clear.....at the time I left the industry a lot of foil producers were cutting their ranges of gloss & Matt pigments......do if the client says must match "our corporate colours", foil will not meet that exactly, if at all???) most such folder makers will do it but at a price!! Best is to get the client to accept a single colour ;)

PS as mentioned any manufacturing is the numbers game. Also, the weight of card you talk about is quite a thickness.....what is its surface like and how dense? The reason I ask is a coarse surface and/or softer board is not always that easy to hot foil stamp..... especially where tight registration is concerned.

Last edited:
Is their logo in full colour, if not get their logo foil in a specific colour?

Yeah, its full colour.

Was talking to my client and we have agreed to do stickers in full colour for the back and foil blocking for the front.

We only need approx 125 folders done but there is 2 different types of folder, to get foil front and back was going to work out too much.

Yeah, its full colour.

Was talking to my client and we have agreed to do stickers in full colour for the back and foil blocking for the front.

We only need approx 125 folders done but there is 2 different types of folder, to get foil front and back was going to work out too much.

Sounds like a good mutually agreeable business arrangement, where costs are managed appropriately :)

Yeah, its full colour.

Only option really, good that's its sorted.

Last edited:
Back