print problem

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
I seem to be suffering a very strange printer problem.

There seems to be a massive colour shift when I try to print anything out of any program including Photoshop Irfanview and Windows photo viewer.
Blue all but vanishes green become Yellow and most things reddish tones. It is not subtle it is gross.
The bottom print is a scan of a print, and is quite close to the actual print.

Any one got any Ideas?

( I have a new computer but same printer )

TA3X4955Xweb by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

2017-09-25-0001a by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

Possibly the printer is using an odd colour profile. I've had similar results when using a bad profile, in my case one I made myself (obviously incorrectly!!).

Possibly the printer is using an odd colour profile. I've had similar results when using a bad profile, in my case one I made myself (obviously incorrectly!!).

I have downloaded a new Epson print Driver, and the screen calibration works fine with every program. I have not used any "special" print profiles.
I take it that the top picture shows the colours natural enough on your screen?

I have downloaded a new Epson print Driver, and the screen calibration works fine with every program. I have not used any "special" print profiles.
I take it that the top picture shows the colours natural enough on your screen?
Yep, top picture looks fine here. I doubt it is the screen profile that is causing this, if it is a profile issue it will be the profile the printer is using, this is found in the print driver settings.

Have you run a nozzle check? Have you run a cleaning cycle? That looks like the printer head is suffering blockages.

Have you run a nozzle check? Have you run a cleaning cycle? That looks like the printer head is suffering blockages.

Predominantly cyan (missing completely) :)

I am an idiot
You are quite right... I did not check the obvious........:mad:

Back