Printer profiling service

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there anywhere in Manchester that offers such a service? I thought DSCL did but can't find it on their website.

Basically, my Mac+Canon ip4300 combination has always produced prints that are unacceptably warm or tinted, so I need it calibrating.

My screens are already calibrated (Well, were calibrated a while ago)

Once upon a time there was someone on here that was doing it for free iirc, but I can't remember who, so i'm no use :)

I know someone offered in the past but I declined at the time. It was either reasons of not wanting to impose, or feeling I'd waste their time by not making the most of printing, but I really want to get printing some shots now :p

Besides, I can't remember who :p

Is there anywhere in Manchester that offers such a service? I thought DSCL did but can't find it on their website.

Basically, my Mac+Canon ip4300 combination has always produced prints that are unacceptably warm or tinted, so I need it calibrating.

My screens are already calibrated (Well, were calibrated a while ago)

I'll do it for free Marcel if you want to try (printer that is)

I know someone offered in the past but I declined at the time. It was either reasons of not wanting to impose, or feeling I'd waste their time by not making the most of printing, but I really want to get printing some shots now :p

Besides, I can't remember who :p

:wave:

Any chance i can jump on this Poah, i have a HiTI 710L dye sub that prints very warm from photoshop and is doing my box in..!

Philip
What papers do you use? Buy fotospeed paper and you get free custom profiles. Buy paper from Permajet and you get free custom profiles, buy paper from Ilford and you can download the profiles from their web site that worked surprisingly well with my R2400 and Epson inkset.

I now use the Fotospeed inks and papers - profiles are good.

Bugger I use the Epson inkset :bang:

What is the fotospeed ink like?

don't matter what printer I have you are the one printing the targets.

the canned profiles you get form epson, ilford, harman, permajet, fotospeed are pretty good so no need to get new ones done in my experience. only if you are using a paper that does not come with a profile for your printer or you use a different inkset.

reason I got my profiling kit was because I bought the fotospeed CIS so had to profile all my papers

fotospeed inks are of good quality and you do save a decent amount of cash. I got myself a external waste tank as I don't print that regularly and I have noticed the heads to get a bit clogged more frequently. I've had mine (quill) for over a year and have not had a single problem with it. I print on various papers and canvas with the system and I can't complain about the output.

fotospeed inks are of good quality and you do save a decent amount of cash. I got myself a external waste tank as I don't print that regularly and I have noticed the heads to get a bit clogged more frequently. I've had mine (quill) for over a year and have not had a single problem with it. I print on various papers and canvas with the system and I can't complain about the output.

What papers do you print on?

loads TBH cause I got few samples a while back from doing some talks at camera clubs.

costo gloss
ilford smooth pearl
ilford smooth gloss
epson tradtional
innova fibaprint white gloss
innova fibaprint semi-matt
innova fibaprint ultrasmoth gloss
innova fibaprint super glazed
innova fibaprint semi-glazed
permajet gloss
Permajet oyster (roll)
fotospeed pearl
canvas (bought a 24 inch roll off ebay and cut it into to 13 inch strips)
Harman FB AI gloss
Harman FB AI warm tone

plus various Hanhemule samples packs

POAH you're a star (y)

How does this work now? What do I need to do?

I use a Canon ip4300, with compatible inks (Yes, I know :confused:), and the following papers

Niceday A4 (JImmy Lemon uses it straight out of the box and its spot on paper..)
Epson A4 Matte
Fuji 6x4

Hi Marcel

I send you some targets, you print them out then send to me. I take some measurements and the software makes the profile. I'm very used to epson print drivers, canon ones are a bit of a faf plus your mac is a bit of a pain lol

You have to print the targets on your selected paper without any interference from the printer software i.e photoshop/elements etc takes care of it. you have to make sure ICM is turned off.

Cheers. Sounds simple enough. Sorry about having the faffiest of a combination :D

Would email be OK?

mbooth gmail :)

yeah I'll send you stuff later with instructions.

have a search yourself for how to set up the printer for using ICC profiles too

Yup email received, cheers (y)

I'll have a look through it this evening.......Wife's calling me for tea :D

I've had a *reallY* busy couple of evenings so not had chance to even fart. I'm hoping to crack on with them either later this evening or in the morning.

Sorry, I should have let you know instead of keeping you guessing :confused:

Back