Printers and wall mounted ideas

Hi Bex.

I've found DSCL to be a good mid-way ground pricing wise http://dscolourlabs.co.uk/

When you go to the site, there is a "Wall Decor" tab at the top where you can choose from things like canvases, acrylic panels and box frames. It's all a matter of "how big" and "what material" you want. I have an acrylic panel and I find the corner posts distracting (although the finish is nice). The canvases are decent too. Not tried any other products (although we have our cat coasters still going strong).

They have a relatively quick turnaround and have always been helpful when I've had problems.
Hope that helps!

Print101 is worth looking at. I've just got a 30x20 canvas done by them and I'm very happy with it. They do various printing options as well as wall mounts like canvas, acrylic and aluminium. A couple of my friends use them for their prints too.

Loxley are another I've got an aluminium print from in the past. It looked good though they are at the higher end.

Trade canvas prints is another I hear about on TP. I think there is a shopping thread and they give a discount for TP members.

Super thanks - Is there anything I should know as a beginner from either a print or wall décor perspective? Im aware of colour profiles but not sure what else I need to be aware of?

DSCL are cheap because they expect you to do all the work making sure your colours are balanced and profiled. I was lucky (or I'm blind) because I did nothing with my prints and they came back looking great. If you're concerned about this, I'd order some ordinary paper prints to make sure they're not too far off. Different media respond differently to colour though so a paper print may end up looking different from (for example) a canvas or a mug. Anything that has a paper base (acrylic for example) will look pretty much the same as a paper print. The only downside to DSCL is the expense of postage for low print runs.

Back