Printing at home?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys. Was wondering if any of you could recommend a printer for some personal use home prints. We are not expecting perfect quality. Just wanting something for mainly small prints. With a4 printing capability if possible.

Inkjet or Laserjet will be fine but laser would be preferred (I do understand the quality will not be as good)
And affordable refills will be great.
If anyone can recommend something that would be appreciated.

look at the Epson eco tanks , cheap to run and a very good quality print
Just got the HP ENVY. Decent print on photo paper with 9 months of free ink (printing 300 pages a month) payed £47 for 9 months worth of printing I'm very happy with it.

Inkjet or Laserjet will be fine but laser would be preferred (I do understand the quality will not be as good)
A few years back I bought a Brother HL-3040CN colour laser (actually LED) which is super cheap to run and prints the first page fast and subsequent pages faster - great for documents.
The photo quality is decidedly average though, even with HP "Professional laserjet paper".
It's good enough for school homework but I'd use a photolab for anything going in a frame on the wall.
IMHO you need to be very keen to control the image and to want to print photos fairly often make it worth the investment in inkjets for photoprinting at home - obviously other people have different views.

I helped someone work through this on another forum...
https://www.avforums.com/threads/laser-printers-a-no-no.2055442/#post-24199269

Back