Printing issue

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks. I have calibrated my monitor, set up custom profiles and still I am producing prints that do not match the output. I have tried soft proofing; hasn't helped. I was advised to turn off colour matching so it wasn't double profiled; both the options are greyed out whether I try from Lightroom or Photoshop. I have tried increasing the contrast and reducing brightness and this has helped a little; I did this after recalibrating.

What am I missing? I am on a Mac and it is a Pro-Graf 1000. I think I have perhaps bitten off more than I can chew with this printer but I am not giving up yet!

Thank you.

Strange that the colour matching is greyed out, are you using this route to try and access it?
This is how I get to it from the print module in Lightroom, two tabs at the bottom, one is print, the other is printer, you want the latter.

Printer- properties-main-color/intensity-manual-set-matching-none-ok-apply-ok

Last edited:
If I print from LR and tell LR to use a print profile, then colour options in my print driver are also greyed out so I think this will be normal.

OP: Where did you get your print profiles from? I have a Epson SC-P600 and used the paper manufacturer print profiles and still I had some colour shifts. I sent off for a free profile and my prints improved a lot.

Also make sure you don't have any nozzles blocked. If you're missing a colour you can get some very weird results.

If I print from LR and tell LR to use a print profile, then colour options in my print driver are also greyed out so I think this will be normal.

OP: Where did you get your print profiles from? I have a Epson SC-P600 and used the paper manufacturer print profiles and still I had some colour shifts. I sent off for a free profile and my prints improved a lot.

Also make sure you don't have any nozzles blocked. If you're missing a colour you can get some very weird results.

You can access the printer drivers from right clicking on the printer itself and then look under printer prefences
Also might be worth trying Canon Print Studio Pro, you can access that from Lightroom as a plug in
Strange that you both have the colour matching option greyed out, mine isn't when using a print profile and printing via Lightroom rather than let the printer manage

I was using the paper manufacturers print profile then sent a test print for a custom one, happy with the colours so was more out of interest than anything else .
Have to say there is hardly anything in it, i'm using a Canon Pixma Pro 10, Windows 10, Lightroom 6.14 and Permajet Oyster 571

Colour matching itself is not greyed out but the contents within that drop down are. I'm on a MAC so don't know if that makes a difference.

If I choose "Managed by the printer" in LR then I can change colour settings within the print driver.
Screenshot 2018-10-18 at 15.47.21.jpg

Of I choose my print profile in LR then those options within the Colour Matching drop down are disabled which I would expect so as to avoid double profiling.

Screenshot 2018-10-18 at 15.47.43.jpg

Elliott, thank you, that is wha I eventually discovered and it is good to see it confirmed. Thanks to everybody else as well. I have dispatched some prints to Fotospeed and they are going to help me move it on; I bought the printer from them and they have been very good with telephone support and custom profiles. I know it is early days and that there is a 'dark art' element to all this. I will persevere. Thank you all again.

Here is mine using a paper profile via Lightroom, maybe it is a Mac thing.
Can clearly see colour correction is set to none when using Lightroom to manage printing

Printer 1.jpg

Back