Printing Panoramas ?

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Hi.... I have a couple of panoramas that I would like to print (but only at small size.....12" x 4"). It seems that panorama printing is not as readily available as standard sizes (understandably so).
As a way around this, I am thinking about somehow adding my photo as part of larger image, say 12" x 8" and then cutting off the excess. Does this sound like a reasonable plan to those of you with more experience of printing ? or am I making it more difficult than it needs to be ?
I should add that I don't want to pay through the nose to print a panorama as they are for my own use and I may end up printing regularly and swapping which photo goes on the wall.

Thanks

Hi.... I have a couple of panoramas that I would like to print (but only at small size.....12" x 4"). It seems that panorama printing is not as readily available as standard sizes (understandably so).
As a way around this, I am thinking about somehow adding my photo as part of larger image, say 12" x 8" and then cutting off the excess. Does this sound like a reasonable plan to those of you with more experience of printing ? or am I making it more difficult than it needs to be ?
I should add that I don't want to pay through the nose to print a panorama as they are for my own use and I may end up printing regularly and swapping which photo goes on the wall.

Thanks

If you were happy for the print to be a little smaller than 12*4 you could print it on A3 and trim the excess...

I got a reasonable quality canvas print from Picnova. The prices on their website are way more than what you can get them for. If you sign up to their mailing list they send offers out every week or so.

I would put two of them on a 12x8 print and cut it up the middle! :)

I would put two of them on a 12x8 print and cut it up the middle! :)

That's what I've done. Ended up going for 10" x 8". Found a website that allows me to stitch two photos into one so I can now just nip to a local photo printing machine and first part of job sorted.

Next task will be to try find suitable frames.

Pretty much any image editing software will let you put 2 photos on one image. I use Photoshop Elements to do it and stick them on A3+ paper to get 12" wide (with a bit of space for trimming). For wider panoramas, I've stuck several together, resized to 24" wide (the width the place I got them done could do) and got one print with several panoramas on it to cut at home. I did it this way because the shop charged per " of print so I crammed them together to save a penny or 2!

some of the Epsom printers have the roller option so no problem printing them but could you not go into your printers settings and do a custom settings

Thanks for the replies.... Got the prints done online as a 10x8 (2x10x4). Only cost £2. Just need to frame now.

I use the IKEA 3 aperture frame for panos. They are quite a nice aspect ratio and I just cut a matt to suit. Very cheap way of framing panos and they have 5 aperture ones for those very wide panos.

Back