Printing with confidence

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Evening All

I have only started to print off my shots recently for clients and using Loxley for this, pretty much all my requests have been a large print or canvas! I am relatively new to photography so here is my query, how do you perfect your photos so that you know they will look good when printed? I have printed off a few shots and when they arrive they have hot pixels and some blemishes showing which the client doesn't want on their picture, which then costs me to reprint! Do you lose quality when using a crop sensor then enlarging to say a 60" x 30"?

Could you show us an example of what you send of to loxley?

Profile your monitor is a must.

If you can get the printer profile so you can soft proof. What colour space do loxley ask for?

The colours are fine on the print it's mainly image quality and blemishes, is there a max size you can print to from a crop sensor? Some examples below

Image1465591239.585767.jpg
Image1465591271.357434.jpg
Image1465591291.389408.jpg
Image1465591303.279705.jpg

Scott

Cant see any blemishes on those? Could you scan a print?

No max size from a cropped sensor, depending on viewing distance.

Billboards were shot with 4mp and less crop sensors.

Blemishes should show up on your monitor before you send the file for printing. Before printing, I always set the image to the print size and scroll both side ways and vertically very slowly so I can clone out anything I don't like.

Thanks guys, looks like I will need to spend a lot more time tidying up the images, I also need to get my sensor cleaned as its bloody manky!! getting a bit more confident with the actual photography side so just need to start polishing up on the PP side

Back