Printing with Green Tinge

Name
Lianne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help me.

I've got a Canon Pixma IP4000 which has suddenly started printing out with a green cast and no vibrancy to the images. Not sure if it's related but I performed Monitor Calibration with Spyder 3 Pro a few weeks ago but don't remember if failing at that time.

I've changed all the print cartridges, done a deep clean, cleaned the print head, checked my paper types, de/reinstalled printer drivers without success.

I've also tried printing from my netbook and get the same green tinge. :bang:

I've searched various sites but can't find anything to help.

Any suggestions would be most gratefully received as I really can't afford to buy a replacement at the moment.

Thanks!

Make and model of monitor?

If you have tried printing from your netbook and get the same results it would suggest it is printer related and not software/monitor...unless you have the exact same settings from the same software on the netbook maybe.

Hi. Thanks for replying so quickly!

how is colour management set up in photoshop?
I've got to confess the settings mean nothing to me. I'm on CS2 and it says I'm North American General Purpose 2 which sounds wrong straight away. Then there's
Working Spaces
RGB = sRGB IEC61966-2.1
CMYK = U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2
Gray = Dot Grain 20%
Spot = Dot Grain 20%
Colour Management Policies
RGB = Preserve Embed Profiles
CMYK = "
Gray = "
Coversion Options
Engine = Adobe ACE
Intent = Relative Colorimetric

Make and model of monitor?
Mark, I'm using a Dell monitor 1907FVP

Have you tried printing a nozzle test to see if you have any blockages ?
Yes and all colours printed fully however are a little pale.

If you have tried printing from your netbook and get the same results it would suggest it is printer related and not software/monitor...unless you have the exact same settings from the same software on the netbook maybe.
it is a printer issue i will ask him later. it was a printer setting.

cheers steve

Tom/Steve, thats my thinking also. If you can find out the solution I'll be very very happy!!!! :D

my mate email me he has the 4200 but the settoing cant be that different. try it it may work for you

Try This it worked for me

Photshop load pic
File menu: print :select printer manages colors.

Then control panel: printers
right click on your printer icon select: properties:
color managment
in device select your printer name
Click use settings for this device
profile selection manual
select add
then pro photo rgb ( some experimenting mayby required here)
Then select advanced and click print directly to printer (if not already selected)

Hopefully this will work for you, however if you still have a color cast then try all of the above and in addition goto photoshop selct your pic and goto
images adjustments matchcolor
click neutralize and move fade slider way over to the right ( This may help)
When all said and done you are experimenting so use settings that work for your printer.
Good luck.

Green tint would normally suggest that the Yellow tank or print head has issues. I had a similar problem when I used compatible inks. Genuine only now !
Obviously I don't know which inks you're using.
BTW I got rid of the affected printer, could never get the thing to print correctly after the use of compatibles. Some folk swear by them, I swore at them !

The last print I made on my Canon Pixma IP4200 had a very slight green tint to white areas too. I wasn't sure if it was an illusion caused by lots of grass and green foliage in the pic though. Watching this thread with interest.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately, on this occasion they haven't worked for me :-(

For those who are experiencing similar problems, if you resolve please advise.

In the meantime, I've reluctantly (skint) bought myself Canon MP560 which I have to say is a fantastic printer.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately, on this occasion they haven't worked for me :-(

For those who are experiencing similar problems, if you resolve please advise.

In the meantime, I've reluctantly (skint) bought myself Canon MP560 which I have to say is a fantastic printer.

:plus1:for the canon mp560, iv,e just changed after 10 years with epson.
stunning quality

Back