Prints not fully printing (Epson P7000)

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I've finally got my printer up and running, and printing of a consistent quality that matches the screen perfectly - woo!

However I've had a couple of instances where I'm printing larger prints (A2ish) and the print fades out and trims before the print job finishes.20190506_182732.jpg

The print job is still showing on screen, but not progressing. Meanwhile, the above has happened to the print. I have to cancel the job. On the 2 attempts I've made this evening at an A2 print, this has happened to both. The 2 x A4 prints I did earlier worked perfectly, which clearly lulled me into a false sense of security, especially as I'm using my expensive fine art paper!!! :(

I do have 1 ink showing low (Light black) but I understood it would print until it ran out, and I've had this issue before, prior to the low ink warning.

Anyone any ideas?

You say you are printing "A2ish". Is this A2 or about A2 - it matters a great deal. If your picture prints fine on A4, it should scale up to perfectly print on A2 as the aspect ratio is the same. BUT if the A2 is only A2ish the aspect ratio will be different and you might well just have too much paper on one side, leaving the blank strip.

I'm printing 24" x 16" on a 24" roll, using a 24" x 16" Lightroom template. The cell size for the image is 23.45" x 16" giving a slight border all round.

In the first print, it printed perhaps 2/3 of the image before fading, in the second it printed just more than 1/3. I have successfully printed at this size in the past, just not today.

I don't think what you're describing is the problem - the print preview is fine, it's failed in different places on each identical print run, it isn't completing the print job, and it's fading out rather than having a hard edge

I had started to wonder that... I'm using powerline adapters so technically it's hard wired, but I get the impression that powerline can be a bit more flakey than it should be! Will look into network issues a bit more then and figure out the best way of getting the print files more local to the printer.

Laptop and USB?

Yeh, usb drive might be the best option, though maybe I move my old PC that I was using as a day job work pc as well as a media server / backup down to the room the printer is in, connect the printer locally, and just remote desktop in using it as a print server as well as serving everything else. Hmm

Last edited:
Back