Pro1000 arrived...

Name
jo
Edit My Images
Yes
Ordered printer on Friday, and it arrived yesterday a day early and just before Lunch time.. It's beast of a thing, took hubby and delivery driver to get it into the house, I unboxed the printer down stairs, then hubby and me managed to lug it upstairs to the my camera/print room. Mind you, at the moment I've lost my mount cutting table (need to do sort this part out).

Then a looked through setting up procedures, seemed reasonable easy to do, and the setting up of the printer itself was straightforward, display panel easy to follow.... Mind you the initial noise it make was a little disconcerting indeed Then display screen tells you, to start setting up the computer side of things while it does its thing on the printer...

The software side wasn't quite as straightforward, As my computer is downstairs and my printers are up stairs, I have to wirelessly connect, several attempts at doing this, partly because the setup screens were a little misleading... But it took time to work out why my computer wouldn't connect to the printer via my laptop.... Then once it dawned I had to allow it to speak to my router so needed to go into the router to authorise a wap connection, which took time to remember how to do this, it connected without any other further issue...

Getting the software loaded onto the computer, is a rare occasion when I wish I had windows, Took some time working out, where parts of the software was located to once downloaded and installed, but did finally sort it out. Setting up the Accounting software was another story, took me absolute ages to work this out, and realise the Admin password you needed to set on the printer, and if you try to set Accounts up without using one, it really doesn't like it and warns you that you may not be able to access certain restricted areas!

So already to print... Almost

Due to having to do a complete restore several weeks back, I needed to finally recalibrate my monitor ? I should also build some profiles again for my paper (forgot to save these files when I did the restore) and at present I'm doing a little bit of research into best practices for printing, and ensuring that I stand a better chance of getting the print as close to my monitor image as possible, and setting up the various settings correctly.

But have been distracted slightly, has found an newish Lightroom editing video on Youtube, and very interesting more so realising there's several features that I didn't know Lightroom had, having a double check on how I've edited my photo that I indeed to be first off... See if I can improve the edit etc.

So hopefully first print will be later today

Well, Finally first print done, using the included A3 Canon Pro Luster paper, and canon provided profile.

To say I was having kittens would be an understatement... Took a bit of courage to hit the print button indeed..

But wow.... I was completely blown away with my results, I thought the pro100s did a very good job, but the Pro1000 really upped the anti indeed.

Yes the Pro 1000 is a beast of a printer ( I have one ) and does produce stunning results

Back