Problem importing images into LR 6.7 from Canon 5D MK IV

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Trying to import RAW files into LR 6.7 and all I get is this message

'The following files were not imported because they could be be read or the destination folder is not writable.'

I know 6.7 supports the camera, so what's going on?

'The following files were not imported because they could be be read or the destination folder is not writable.'

They aren’t Dual Pixel Raw files are they?

No

Oops I meant 6.12 not 6.7

Oops I meant 6.12 not 6.7

The Canon 5D mk4 requires Lightroom 6.7 or above (which im guessing you may have sussed).
You will need to upgrade your lightroom or convert the CR2 files to DNG first.

I've found out that I have to change the read/write attributes. But it seems that I cannot do it for some reason.

If you go to the folder that you're trying to import into in Windows explorer and select properties and then the security tab it will show you what attributes are set for that folder. If you click on edit you can change them.

I've found out that I have to change the read/write attributes. But it seems that I cannot do it for some reason.

If you go to the folder that you're trying to import into in Windows explorer and select properties and then the security tab it will show you what attributes are set for that folder. If you click on edit you can change them.

I placed a comment on Facebooks' Lightroom Help Group and I was on it all evening yesterday trying to sort it out. And it doesn't work for me. God knows what's wrong with it.

Have you got administrator rights on the Windows profile you log into?

This may be the issue if your LR is up to date.

Can you confirm if you are using LR 6.12 or 6.7... as stated you need 6.7 to open 5DIV files.

You are running the latest version so the files should import, I use Mac so unable to help with the permissions problem. As a test can you import to a temporary location or copy the files over and then reference the files?

I reset my computer and it solved the problem.

BUT

Here we go again. :sulk::banghead::sulk::banghead::sulk::banghead:Complete and utter waste of time with me buying a new camera.

Last edited:
Daft question... but it’s not trying to import the files to an existing location and finding there are files with those names already is it?

Probably not, but just trying to think outside the box! I assume you’ve tried to import to a different location in case there is an issue with your drive?

Daft question... but it’s not trying to import the files to an existing location and finding there are files with those names already is it?

Probably not, but just trying to think outside the box! I assume you’ve tried to import to a different location in case there is an issue with your drive?

I use the continuous naming thingy on the camera and I have the option to find duplicate images when importing. and yes I've tried importing to a different location on the C: drive

I’ve had this error message for files from a different camera, so can appreciate your frustration! I have never been able to solve it and in my case seems to be a computer specific problem. Same card from same camera imports no problem on another computer using the same card reader. Importing the files via usb cable attached to the camera also works to the computer that has the problem. Can you try usb cable connection?

I’ve had this error message for files from a different camera, so can appreciate your frustration! I have never been able to solve it and in my case seems to be a computer specific problem. Same card from same camera imports no problem on another computer using the same card reader. Importing the files via usb cable attached to the camera also works to the computer that has the problem. Can you try usb cable connection?

Not using the card reader, I always use the usb cable

I'm the same. My standalone is 6.7. Possibly try the upgrade?
Already upgraded to 6.12

try updating using the toolbar at the top of the lightroom screen.
I updated my LR6 initially from a pop up box after I downloaded lightroom and it didn't recognise the files (5D4), but when I updated using the 'help' tab then 'updates' all was fine.
BTW my LR6 is stating I'm on version 6.13

What version of camera raw are you using?

I'm using Lightroom

try updating using the toolbar at the top of the lightroom screen.
I updated my LR6 initially from a pop up box after I downloaded lightroom and it didn't recognise the files (5D4), but when I updated using the 'help' tab then 'updates' all was fine.
BTW my LR6 is stating I'm on version 6.13

My Lightroom is up to date. (6.13)

It doesn't happen all that often now

Back