Help! Problems replying to threads

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Not sure if this is happening to other users. I can view and use the forums as normal. Until I want to post anything. For example if I want to reply to a forum post everything is fine until I hit post reply.

I then get a blue line pulsing across the top of my screen and 3 blue bars pulsing top right. As if it's thinking about it or buffering. This probably lasts about 30 seconds. Then stops but the page does not update. I have to reload the page to find out if my post was uploaded. If it as the original text I typed is still in the new post dialogue box as if I wanted to upload again?

Hope I explained this enough for someone to help. I stayed off the site for a few days as it drove me silly.

I'm on win 10 and Firefox browser.

Gaz

Edit. Did not happen when I posted here yet it did straight after when replying in another section ?

Last edited:
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, not posted anything today so here goes........
edit .... no problems for me with Safari

OP
OP
C
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for the replies.

I'm getting this problem 99% of the time. Just posted a thread the page did the buffering thing then settled but didn't update the page. I had to go back to the forum page headers to see if the thread had been posted.
Which it had.

I'm not techie but assume that can't be a busy server ?

Gaz

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Happened to me just there.
Ended up with 3 posts....
The blue bar runs from left to right.

Screenshot_20191221-085152_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
It happens to me from time to time W7 & Opera.
Its not a new thing TBH it's been happening on and off for awhile.
So its not the new server causing it @Marcel any thoughts?

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Staff member
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
It's because of Brexit.

Seriously though, first things first we need to get that search bit fixed. I know Chris says its not a new thing, but I need to rule out it as a contributing factor first.

OP
OP
C
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Funny though every post I have replied to in this thread as worked perfectly as it should. Type reply, hit post reply, page refreshes instantly with my post.
No problems yet the post I made seconds ago in another section gave me the same problems.

Gaz

Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
Hi

Not sure if this is happening to other users. I can view and use the forums as normal. Until I want to post anything. For example if I want to reply to a forum post everything is fine until I hit post reply.

I then get a blue line pulsing across the top of my screen and 3 blue bars pulsing top right. As if it's thinking about it or buffering. This probably lasts about 30 seconds. Then stops but the page does not update. I have to reload the page to find out if my post was uploaded. If it as the original text I typed is still in the new post dialogue box as if I wanted to upload again?

Hope I explained this enough for someone to help. I stayed off the site for a few days as it drove me silly.

I'm on win 10 and Firefox browser.

Gaz

Edit. Did not happen when I posted here yet it did straight after when replying in another section ?

For me I get just the same in the mornings, then it seems to right it`s self.

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Intermittent day to day / week to week

Edit, it happened quite a bit yesterday, but its only ever a couple of seconds delay for me.
Posting this, I got about 2 seconds delay.

Last edited: