Protests!

L

lolyton

What are everyones view on protest pictures, here a couple of pops at it from me, any comments would be great even if you hate them, but if you do hate them let me know why...please.
telephoneprotest8bv.jpg

iraqlady7kf.jpg

firebreather1qg.jpg

cheargentinaflag0vc.jpg

I'd love to do more protest type stuff so views/pointers would be great. :D

I certainly don't hate them :) , but IMO it's useful to know what the protests are about. Pics 1 and 3 don't really give much of a clue, so would need a caption to put them in context.

The one that stands out is number 4 - which includes one of the most iconic images of the 1960s. If the person who took this pic of Che Guevara had received royalties, he'd be richer than Bill Gates!

I've never taken this sort of photo, but if I did I think I would try to include a banner or placard that told the story of the protest.

Just my 2p. :)

Sorry should have said,
Picture 1 is the anti war demo, if you see the full size image the graffitti tells of the demonstration.
Picture 2 is anti war given away by the Iraq flag the woman is holding but i guess you got that.
Picture 3 is Mayday protests in Oxford Sq.
Picture 4 i forget, however in Buenos Aires they protest over something new everyday, so is not always easy to remember what protests were...sorry!

I definitely don't hate these.
The only thing I would say about them is that you need to get in closer - the photo of the 'Che' face on the Argentine flag could be much improved if it was closer cropped, maybe vertical with some human element included (the person holding the flag perhaps?). But you're definitely on the right track here.

I'll dig some of mine out for comparison.

Some I took earlier: Get in as close as you can as most people will expect to have their photos taken on an event like this - if they turn nasty, run and hide behind the police cordon (helps if you're a Squaddie, I guess).
Anti_War_Demo_029_R.jpg

Anti_War_Demo_041_R.jpg

Anti_War_Demo_053_R.jpg

Back