Puffin

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not very good at this bird photography, but I wanted to go over to the Farne Islands to see the Puffins and have a go at photographing them.

Only got back yesterday, what an amazing experience. Just the shear amount of birds was truly breath taking.

Anyway, this is the only one I've got to show you at the moment.

Thank for looking.

View attachment 40897

Canon 7D, Sigma 50-500mm @ 500mm, f8, 1/500, 400 ISO

This is a good image Andy, blacks and whites together are difficult especially in sun and shadows and usually need pp to get the exposure near to spot on

you could bring out a little more detail in the shadows if you wished

but the image ticks many of the boxes

just try a slightly different crop taking some space off the left and see what you think

Hi Andy, lovely pic. I was there at the begining of June with the family, my mate took us on a tour as he's a native from those parts. I was amazed at how quickly they could fly considering the shape of them. Lots of fun, especially trying to dodge the Terns from dive bombing on your head as you land on the Island. Lots of nice places to take pictures along that coast, Bamburgh castle from the beach, St Mary's Lighthouse to name a few. Hope you had fun :)

Very good

As said already - not an easy exposure in the sunshine.

That looks pretty decent on my iPad. The colours are well balanced and exposed as sailor boy (Bill) alludes to. Nice to see some consideration being given to the composition as well. Being a sea bird I like to see a bit of that in shot too, not alway possible but it works really well.

Back