TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
1d Mk3 and 600 F4L with 1,4 TC

Bit of a tight squeeze
puffin1.jpg

Oooooh what if i turn sideways, aaaah thats better :)
Puffin2.jpg

yep :agree: they are Puffins :p

Dapper shots too.

Gorgeous birds Ian :D Were they easily accessible, or did you have to crawl through some rough terrain for those?

Great set Ian the third one by a gnats do-dah for me (y)

yep :agree: they are Puffins :p

Dapper shots too.

LOL thanks Paul :)

Gorgeous birds Ian :D Were they easily accessible, or did you have to crawl through some rough terrain for those?

Quite easily accessible, but had to walk quite a way for them !

Thanks Jo :)

Looking good. Some nice poses there.

Where were these? And why werent you at work you lazy sod??? :p

Bempton Cliffs in North Yorkshire, took these over the weekend, only just edited them though :)

Great set Ian the third one by a gnats do-dah for me (y)

Cheers Chris :)

Lovely shots Ian. Is the first one suffering from highlights on rock or is it bird poo?!

nice Ian, third for me too, lovely (y)

just seen these Ian
very good
I like #2 feather detail is amazing :clap:
but #3 is the best by far!! (y)

Nice set of pics Ian. When I went there last year I watched a pair of these who had nested at the rear of one of these cracks in the cliff trying to get past a pair of fulmars who had set up their nest at the entrance, it was quite amusing as the puffins tried to get past them as they were coming in and out of the nesting area.

Nice shots Ian ...

Are you going to put in an appearance next Saturday?

Quite possibly ;)

Lovely set of shots Ian, and such a beautiful bird.

600 with 1.4 WOW, you can get away with allot less at Skomer mate. 300 is fine

Nice shots though.

LOL yeah i was wondering about that :) 70-200 or 100-400 i think Thanks

Very nice Ian ... (y) ... proper enigmatic these little clowns of the sea aren't they ...

Cheers Ven :)

Number 3 for me, love the way none of the black on the background cliffs touch the blackness of its feathers, just the white. Nice!(y)

I just need to know your address now :LOL:

I like puffins.. And I like pictures of puffins.. :)

But the way you've cruelly stacked those rocks around those puffins to stop them flying away just makes me so angry! :bat: Dontcha know all the best bird photographers use superglue now? Although Andy Rouse finds Nikon glue stronger and faster than Canon glue nowadays I hear. :thinking:

Great shots Ian :clap: Just got back from holiday , visited Skomer twice used 70-200mm for most of my shots.

Back