Puffins Isle of May

Looks like a great location and the Sandeels are certainly a good size for them ... I like #2 looking out to sea. :)

Looks like a great location and the Sandeels are certainly a good size for them ... I like #2 looking out to sea. :)

Thanks Rodger, it is a great location and there seemed to be plenty of sand eels.

Nice set Gary (y)

My only thought would be a different comp on the 2nd. I can see what you are after with the title but less rock would be better for me :)

Nice set Gary (y)

My only thought would be a different comp on the 2nd. I can see what you are after with the title but less rock would be better for me :)

Thanks Phil for your comments and critique it is appreciated.
I understand what you mean about less rocks on the RH side and have tried different crops.
This shot is uncropped, what I tried to convey was the puffin was all alone ie no other bird in the sea, the sky and the on island. With that in mind I wanted to retain all of the rocks and keep the puffin in the middle of the image.

No 2 as without doubt got potential and as Phil says a different crop not sure what ratio but may need a few attempts.I like the rock especially with the bird being on the only light section....

Thanks Dennis for viewing and commenting
I did try different crops, but decided to keep the image as shot (no crop) for the reasons I give to Phil :)

Back