B&W Punts Party

blakester

Shine On Harvest Moon
Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Today saw me take a visit to Cambridge for a walkabout to shoot for my 100 strangers project.
Lately, I have been trying to widen my scope when out shooting. In the past, I have tended to have something of blinkers on when out shooting. Concentrating solely on backgrounds, then asking interesting strangers to stand for me to make their portrait.
Now when I go out, I try to look for other shots which for the past 6 months, I have been walking past.

I saw this group of women on what I assume was a hen party earlier in the day on dry land.
When crossing one of the bridges over the River Cam, I heard cackles of laughter only to look over to see the women had taken to the water.

Punts Party
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Certainly packed them onto those boats there, right place right time for this one, nice work.(y)

Certainly packed them onto those boats there, right place right time for this one, nice work.(y)

Thanks Steve,
It was funny that I'd saw them earlier on dry land, then heard them first when they were on the punts.
A bit of luck on my part that the shot composed itself really when I looked over the bridge!

You've got to feel a bit sorry for the two guys on the back of the punts, I bet they were nearly deaf at the end of that trip. (Sorry ladies) One of those shots that would be difficult to recreate so it just goes to show it's well worth carrying your camera around when out and about.

You've got to feel a bit sorry for the two guys on the back of the punts, I bet they were nearly deaf at the end of that trip. (Sorry ladies) One of those shots that would be difficult to recreate so it just goes to show it's well worth carrying your camera around when out and about.

Thanks Mick,
Yes, the noise from those two punts was loud, the ladies were having a great time if the volume of their laughing was anything to go by..
I was specifically out on a photography walkabout so camera was in hand but I do agree, always worth having a camera handy.

Back