Purple bands

Name
Len
Edit My Images
Yes
Help! Lately I'm seeing slight purple banding on images and even on videos I'm viewing on the likes of youtube etc. I calibrated the monitor using my spider but the banding is still there. When I convert images to mono, the purple bands are still visable. It seems more pronounced in shots showing lots of sky. Even broken cloudy skies. Any ideas what it could be thats causing this? When I print it doesn't show though. Thanks in advance guys.

Dodgy monitor? Post an affected (on your screen) shot here and see if we can see the banding.

If it's seen on monochrome images I would suspect the monitor. You'd be surprised how many have colour variations that you only see on neutral images. As a quick check produce a mid gray image in Photoshop or similar.make it about the same resolution and size as your screen. Then choose this as your background image. If you see this purple band on the screen then I'd suggest it's the monitor.

I have used calibration software that allows you to map the monitor screen to overcome these problems, and I believe the latest series of 4K Eizo monitors have this done in the factory.

Thanks for the replys guys. Im at work and I've had a look at some of my images Ive uploaded onto facebook etc. Everything is fine on my works computer. I'm going to wire up a different monitor to see if that is the problem. That should also eliminate the possibility of a video card problem.

I can't see any banding. There's a slight magenta cast above the red line... but no banding here.

Thanks Pookyhead. I'm not seeing the banding on my monitor at work either. Ordered a new monitor this morning so hopefully I'll get it sorted out. Cheers again mate.

Back