Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Off here next month for a week.....

Any locations?

Thanks in advance guys

They're about 300km from end to end so a more precise area might make things a little easier Mark.

Bob

I'll travel for a location........ I drive from north Somerset to Isle of skye for a weekend.....
They're about 300km from end to end so a more precise area might make things a little easier Mark.

Bob

But if I'm staying near toulouse so the middle.... Then I can do a few days west and a few days east.....

Bob

I've been down there in December, June and September (I live about 4 hours from the foothills). I'm not one for walking for hours across the hills so I tend to aim for smaller features such as waterfalls.or rivers.
This site gives some pretty good indications of waterfalls and their accessibility..... http://cascades.loucrup65.fr/hautespyrenees.htm with * being the most picturesque and *** being less attractive.

Bob

i've only been to Gavarnie in summer but there's a ski resort above the village so the roads should be kept open.:)
That highlights a point......

After snowfall winter tyres or chains become compulsory on some roads......look out for the sign which is a blue disc with a symbol of a tyre fitted with chains.

Back