Quad Rig Shots!

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
Cool shots and you have done some work to those images. Did you do shots without the rider so you had a sharp rider on there in the 2nd by layering? seems like an awful lot of work when perhaps you could have just removed the rig and got the rider to be still for that 2 or 3 seconds while you made the motion-blur? Just wondering :) Like them though (y)

Cool shots and you have done some work to those images. Did you do shots without the rider so you had a sharp rider on there in the 2nd by layering? seems like an awful lot of work when perhaps you could have just removed the rig and got the rider to be still for that 2 or 3 seconds while you made the motion-blur? Just wondering :) Like them though (y)

thanks! I always do the shots without the rider (or driver if it's a car rig shot). Usually there is just the car owner and I so there is no other option. The other reason for doing it is the exposure time I like to use is around 30seconds so impossible to keep still for that long. Easier to shoot separately and merge in PP, it's not a lot of work at all to add a person to the shot really. The rig removal is what takes the longest :)

Why did you go backwards in the last one? Seems a bit odd...

lol why is it odd? it's linear movement so doesn't show any different in the photos if you go forward or backwards! the first one is backwards too.

How slow was this moving then?

as slow as possible really, a nice smooth slow push. The quad (or usually car) moves about 2-3 during the exposure :)

as slow as possible really, a nice smooth slow push. The quad (or usually car) moves about 2-3 during the exposure :)

Thanks Sammy, I had no idea these sort of shots were created like this - I'd always thought these shots were taken at speed, though it seems obvious when you take time to think about the process.

Thanks Sammy, I had no idea these sort of shots were created like this - I'd always thought these shots were taken at speed, though it seems obvious when you take time to think about the process.

that's okay. It's used more than you would realise. I normally just do cars but the different stuff is fun!

I have done loads of different shots if you want to see more have look through my Flickr :)

I have done loads of different shots if you want to see more have look through my Flickr :)

Some great shots on there. The the old guy on the skateboard...his feet are in the wrong position, good job he wasn't moving!

lol why is it odd? it's linear movement so doesn't show any different in the photos if you go forward or backwards! the first one is backwards too.
Because the "tails" are going in the wrong direction...
Did you start the exposures before the movement? If there was no "start/stop" it wouldn't be evident.

Back