Quayside Dawn

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
It's been 3 or 4 months since I headed out to shoot around sunrise, but as high tide and slack water coincided with sunrise and the winds were forecast to be low, I headed down to Newcastle's Quayside to see what I could get.

2018-07-31_Quayside_Dawn_PSRH6686-Edit copy by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

The light was wonderful for a short period, and I think made the early start worthwhile.

Cheers,

Simon.

It's been a while since I've done a landscapey type image myself, it was last September. I really like this, the only thing I'd do if it were mine is to crop about 20 - 25% off the top. Subjective of course but apart from that, I think this is spot on. Lovely work!

Last edited:
This is the best picture ever taken of the quayside and one of the very best images of a uk urban landscape ever taken.

It’s an utterly amazing image of peerless quality.

There is an argument for evening it up so it’s bang on 50:50 and yes the water could be even stiller but as it is I could drool at it for hours. Utter masterpiece

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've done a landscapey type image myself, it was last September. I really like this, the only thing I'd do if it were mine is to crop about 20 - 25% off the top. Subjective of course but apart from that, I think this is spot on. Lovely work!

This is the best picture ever taken of the quayside and one of the very best images of a uk urban landscape ever taken.

It’s an utterly amazing image of peerless quality.

There is an argument for evening it up so it’s bang on 50:50 and yes the water could be even stiller but as it is I could drool at it for hours. Utter masterpiece

Thanks guys. The image was captured with pretty much a 50:50 split, and I've cropped it like this. I think I may go back and look at a 16:9 or 16:10 crop when I'm back home to see what that looks like.

Cheers,

Simon.

“Excellent” work Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Beautiful, I have seen a fair few of the quayside and had a go myself a few times, but this must be up there with one of the best I have seen on this forum. I think that it cropping off a small bit at the top might improve it further.

The colours in this image are beautiful, it is a stunning picture.

Lovely shot - never been to Newcastle - looks like it oculd be worth a city break ?

Back