Quayside

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
Due to the current wild weather conditions I've been trawling the archives for stuff to process - here's a shot of Newcastle Qauyside from a while back. I've never been able to replicate such clear reflections on the Tyne since.

Quayside by Danny Birrell, on Flickr

Its been lowsy weather of late. I like a bright punchy image but I do think you are half a stop over exp, on the sky anyway. It just wouldn't look like that.

Cheers Steve - yeah I think you're probably right, although that'll be accentuated my the almost luminous light pollution in and around that spot.

Great shot Danny, well composed with some good reflections. I'm with Steve though with regards to the slight over exposure.(y)

George.

I really like that, bright, colourful and different from its elevated view :)

What gramps said :agree: very appealing (y)

surprised the tourist board haven't snapped this photo up. excellent

Nice pic! Never actually been up to the view point, always stayed on he quayside looking up. Will have to try it next time I head down there.

That's a lovely shot, thought it was Glasgow at 1st with the bridge but then read the description :)

I like this shot very much- great luminance, and a striking, unfamiliar take on the scene. Technically it is a bit over exposed, particularly when you look at the street down on the left, but that also sort of adds to the vibrance and energy of the image. An unusual and original image.

What gramps said :agree: very appealing (y)
surprised the tourist board haven't snapped this photo up. excellent
Nice pic! Never actually been up to the view point, always stayed on he quayside looking up. Will have to try it next time I head down there.
That's a lovely shot, thought it was Glasgow at 1st with the bridge but then read the description :)
I like this shot very much- great luminance, and a striking, unfamiliar take on the scene. Technically it is a bit over exposed, particularly when you look at the street down on the left, but that also sort of adds to the vibrance and energy of the image. An unusual and original image.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated! :)

I really like this photograph of a place close to my heart

Back