Question about Photoshop 2017 & Lightroom

Name
Damen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

Ive been using Lightroom for a while now, its bloody awesome, now I've been watching tutorials on photoshop 2017 etc, now such as smoothing skin etc I can do, but such as sharping eyes or whitening the whites of eyes seems more of a task.

when I have the image in photoshop, any other bits I know will be easier in Lightroom can I save it without loosing image quality??

I know if I save it as a JPEG I'm going to loose image quality if I edit in Lightroom.

what I'm getting at the moment is, its much easier to smooth skin in photoshop etc but Lightroom is easier to sharpen things with brush tool etc

any help would be great.

thanks

Last edited:
I go through Lightroom first do whatever you can in there, then export to edit in Photoshop for any extra stuff you may need to do. The Photoshop file will be referenced in Lightroom once you save it (as a PSD or whatever) so you can export the final JPEG from Lightroom along with the rest of the images from a shoot (or by itself of course).

You can always reopen the PSD from within Lightroom if you need to and continue processing in Photoshop.

Back