Question regarding processing a panorama

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I have a series of images that I would like to combine in to a panorama

My question is, to get the best image quality, do I process the individual images in ACR first, albeit applying the same settings to all images to obtain consistency, or do I combine all the images in PS CC and then process the one image?

Which method woud give the best result?

Or is there a third way?

TIA for your help

My method fwiw is to import the images into LR applying lens corrections. I shoot the separate images with the same exposure settings (using manual settings of course) so don't need to adjust these individually (I may choose to on the finished pano). Nine times out of ten I'll use the Photo Merge | Panorama function in LR too (Ctrl + M on Windows)

ETA:
I should add that all further edits are done on the pano, if done in LR this will be a DNG file.

My method fwiw is to import the images into LR applying lens corrections. I shoot the separate images with the same exposure settings (using manual settings of course) so don't need to adjust these individually (I may choose to on the finished pano). Nine times out of ten I'll use the Photo Merge | Panorama function in LR too (Ctrl + M on Windows)

ETA:
I should add that all further edits are done on the pano, if done in LR this will be a DNG file.
:agree:

I import them all into Lightroom flat, then merge and then edit - if you adjust one of the shots before merging you need to apply exactly the same to the others so no point in doing it first.

Works ok for me, these are all just stitched in LR which does a fabulous job with no fuss (although I do follow a few ground rules when taking the shots):

Grand Canyon by Ned Awty, on Flickr

HK from the Peak by Ned Awty, on Flickr

Bluebells (edit 2) by Ned Awty, on Flickr

That said I shoot with Olympus cameras and lens corrections are baked into the raws, you might want to apply lens corrections to remove vignetting first as vignetting really messes with the stitching.

Back