Quick headshot For CC

Bright, clean and glowing happy. Very good, Michael! (y)

If I may note, the glossy skin is a tad too high and maybe
heal some folds in the BG. :cool:

Nice bright portrait. A couple of things.

First - the pupil looks square to me too. I don't read comments before looking, so thought it was just me until I saw Duncan's comment above.
Second, the top of the head cut works best* when there's no dead space underneath. I like to get in really close, or have space top & bottom. There's no space at the top of the image, but lots at the bottom which looks kinda awkward to me*.
I'm also going to agree with Kodiak on the skin sheen. I'm really liking the bright lighting and lack of shadow - it works well for a younger subject such as this*, but the cheeks nose & forehead have just caught a bit too much for my liking. It's a very minor thing though. The head cut is far more distracting*.

Finally, I really like the pose. Slight angle to the shoulders, head lifted without seeming forced, engaging eye contact and a nice smile.
Really nice - well done.

*In my opinion. Please take what you like etc etc..

Last edited:
I do agree with the comments on the highlights, I wasn't shooting tethered to my mac so I missed this.

For the crop and it's in my opinion I prefer the top of the head cut off, there's not real interest up there but I can see your point of view.

Thanks for looking.

Back