Quick one from Saturdays Wedding

• Thread starter Deleted sulking member 63079
  • Start date
D

Deleted sulking member 63079

It was hot, really hot!

Thankfully the couple were up for a wander through the grounds of the venue after first dance for a few pictures. I always do a quick edit of one image, pretty much picked at random, to send them the day after the wedding.

Love a bit of lens flare.

Tom-Amelia-2 by Andy Dane, on Flickr

i think lens flare is ok in certain shots and angles but you have blown a bit of his head with the sun :runaway:

i think lens flare is ok in certain shots and angles but you have blown a bit of his head with the sun :runaway:
Yeah I know, if I'd under exposed enough not too, then they'd be too dark to bring the shadow detail back enough I think.

Plus, the clients won't care about blown highlights

Lens flare is all well and good when used well. Here it's not good. Asking her to look at him hasn't done her any favours either.

i would have used his head to block out the direct sun

Which I did on some shots as well.

However, if you block the sun entirely, you don't get flare...

Reactions: den
I love it too, the overall feel of the image is lovely and I don't care about the highlights around his head - we all need to chill lol, nothing wrong with a wee blow out now and again (y)

Great stuff loving the comments as it don't matter about the highlights. As @windrunner says it makes you feel something and that's surely more important.

Gza

I love it too, the overall feel of the image is lovely and I don't care about the highlights around his head - we all need to chill lol, nothing wrong with a wee blow out now and again (y)

Ok, I'll expand....

As I said in my first post, there's nothing wrong with introducing some flare. And the way it's been done around the guys head is fine. Pretty standard stuff but it's popular. All good.

BUT - look at that green blob on his nose!! It looks ridiculous and it's the first thing I saw when I looked at the image. If I'm seeing it then chances are the customers will too. A bit of chimping would have revealed this at the time of shooting at a slight shift would have fixed it. Now some PP needs to be done. As is, I wouldn't be happy delivering this one to the client.

Ok, I'll expand....

As I said in my first post, there's nothing wrong with introducing some flare. And the way it's been done around the guys head is fine. Pretty standard stuff but it's popular. All good.

BUT - look at that green blob on his nose!! It looks ridiculous and it's the first thing I saw when I looked at the image. If I'm seeing it then chances are the customers will too. A bit of chimping would have revealed this at the time of shooting at a slight shift would have fixed it. Now some PP needs to be done. As is, I wouldn't be happy delivering this one to the client.

All in your opinion of course, I plan to do no further PP.

I like how the flare runs from the sun along his line of sight and towards her. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if someone doesn't like it, that's fine with me.

All in your opinion of course, I plan to do no further PP.

I like how the flare runs from the sun along his line of sight and towards her. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if someone doesn't like it, that's fine with me.

Your choice. I think you'll regret it when the client sees it.

Love how a little flare divides us. It's borderline for me. Love the flare but I did initially think it has landed slightly in the wrong spot but it's no deal breaker, there's an element of luck with these things. You can of course take an additional shot with your finger over the sun and clone anything out afterwards which is a quicker way of doing that if ever you do take one that you'd rather clean up. Love the overall image and feel of it!

Back