Quick pic after school

Lovely work Shaheed, a bit of a departure from your usual style but wonderful all the same.

I do particularly like the fall off into shadow on the side of your models face whilst those eyes really draw the viewer in to the portrait.

Did you have the little one pose under shade then bring the fill light from the reflector in to lift the shadows?

Lovely work Shaheed, a bit of a departure from your usual style but wonderful all the same.

I do particularly like the fall off into shadow on the side of your models face whilst those eyes really draw the viewer in to the portrait.

Did you have the little one pose under shade then bring the fill light from the reflector in to lift the shadows?

Pretty much as you described!

Thanks for looking and commenting. I thought I might sell the 50mm once I got the 35mm but it's small, light and managed to produce decent pics. Probably best keeping it as I'll miss it when it's gone!

Certainly nailed this one!
Beautiful definition and as said earlier, the fall-off bleeding into shadow is expertly managed.

Nice pic, i really like it. Great expression. Like the shadow and eye contact.

Didn't realise you were having work done at home, thought you'd have mentioned it. Maybe in every thread I've read, perhaps?

:D

Nice pic, i really like it. Great expression. Like the shadow and eye contact.

Didn't realise you were having work done at home, thought you'd have mentioned it. Maybe in every thread I've read, perhaps?

:D
6 weeks with no kitchen, reaction to the dust and no space!!! It started in Jan and now am a bit bored of it!!

You must be as I'm pretty bored of reading about it. :LOL:

What is taking them so long?? Are they making the bricks on site?

TBH it looks like it has made a massive difference to your house.

Not entirely sure...... The end is in sight apparently!

Beautiful portrait - just amazing. I'm going order a 50 mm lens today

Thank you!

The 50mm on most systems is one of the best bang for buck lenses. Its small, light and produces good images. The focal length isn't to everybody's tastes though.

10/10 again Shaheed- I have a Sony 50mm f1.4, never used it, perhaps I really should

Les

Nice to see that 50mm getting a work out, Shaheed. :)

Nice to see that 50mm getting a work out, Shaheed. :)

I was toying with the idea of upgrading it for something that's a bit sharper wide open but that would have made this particular shot harder - I had the camera with the tiny 50mm attached in one hand whilst holding a reflector in the other. The other 50mm lenses are much bigger.

Size/image quality/cost wise - it's a hard lens to beat!!

Back