Quick question - Sigma 24mm f/2.8 on 350D?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,
I'm after a prime that is as near to 35mm as possible. I am a cheapskate, so have been looking at old lenses. One I have come across a few times is the Sigma 24mm f2.8 Superwide II. They seem to go for not a lot of money.

However, what I am wanting to know is whether it will work (i.e. autofocus, meter correctly) on my Canon 350D? I can't find any info on the Sigma site, or via Google. Can anyone help me out?

Cheers,
Matt

Any EF or EF-S lens will work on the 350D. So yes - Buy the EF mount version (which is the Canon mount).

The Sigma 30mm f1.4 is a far better bet for low light work IMO though. 24mm is not superwide on a crop camera.

I have rad that people with the 5D have problems with the 24mm lens and it may require to be sent back to Sigma to re-chip. You'll know once you buy it!

I have one of these but it needs a re-chip to work on my 350D. It works occasionally but most of the time locks the camera. I haven't investigated re-chipping as i have other lenses that cover this range.

As said above it's not a super wide lens on the 350D as the crop factor increases it to 38.4mm.

If you buy new, with receipt, and it need's re-chipping, Sigma will do so for £5 +p&p. If second hand it will be £30 + p&p. P&P must be in the region of £15 so add this into the purchase price and see if it's still worth it.

Jon

Back