Quite a few bugs

Edit My Images
Yes
Summer is almost gone which makes bugs hunt a lot more difficult. Just share the bugs I have seen lately, quite a few of them but not particularly great shots.

1 This is new for me that it's the first time I saw it.

3 Think it is a Red-veined Darter - Sympetrum fonscolombii, please correct me if I am wrong.

10 This one is actually quite interesting, it is a migrant Calliphorid fly - Stomorhina lunata which is an egg parasite of locusts in Africa. It is not known whether it is purely a migrant here or has started to breed via native grasshoppers.

Last edited:
Hi Icy,
Maybe that No 1 is a Soldier fly of some sort, i`ll leave you to find more info :)
No 6 is cool with the addition of a 2nd cat in shot, sawfly cats I think.
No 8 is a Hoverfly, I dont remember the name but I know you can ID it now.
Nice to see you back now the cooler weather has arrived.

Hi Icy,
Maybe that No 1 is a Soldier fly of some sort, i`ll leave you to find more info :)
No 6 is cool with the addition of a 2nd cat in shot, sawfly cats I think.
No 8 is a Hoverfly, I dont remember the name but I know you can ID it now.
Nice to see you back now the cooler weather has arrived.

No. 1 is a Thick-headed fly - Conops quadrifasciatus and I got them all ID in Flickr, except the last one but thanks for the info Graham:)

Ya, hate the cool weather and it means the bugs hunt comes to an end:(

No. 1 is a Thick-headed fly - Conops quadrifasciatus and I got them all ID in Flickr, except the last one but thanks for the info Graham:)

Ya, hate the cool weather and it means the bugs hunt comes to an end:(
Nooo not the end, you keep on looking, as always you find lots.
Yes I saw after that you made ID`s on them :-(

No7 is amazing (y)

Seriously good set here. The first is wonderful pose. I'd of gone for common darter on the dragon. I maybe wrong tho.

Thanks Chris(y) I think you are right about the dragonfly, thanks for the ID:) #1 is a new for me and it was a very windy day, didn't manage a better shot but I was happy to see it and got a shot with its nice pose:D

Back