Quorn Hunt Boxing Day 2011

Edit My Images
No
Incredible morning yesterday, less than a metre away from several hundred galloping hooves - what an adrenaline rush! Really pleased with some of my shots - looking for comments and crit please :)

Flight by Vicktrr, on Flickr

Galloping past by Vicktrr, on Flickr

Jump by Vicktrr, on Flickr

Piebald by Vicktrr, on Flickr

Grey by Vicktrr, on Flickr

Quorn Hunt by Vicktrr, on Flickr

Rest are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thunderhorsestables/sets/72157623617285691/with/6582557967/

Do you think? I think it would unbalance the picture to have included much more sky...

Do you think? I think it would unbalance the picture to have included much more sky...

she's right.

Edit: for a portrait of a horse, unless you're doing a closeup study of a feature (usually the eye) the ears need to be in the frame.

great set! love the way you've captured the action and interest in no 2.

I missed our local boxing day hunt - saw them gathering as I was driving in the opposite direction!

A nice set, really good timing in 1 and 3 and I think all show how much the horses love it.

So number 3 is perfectly fine even though there's only half a horse, and yet number 5 is bin-friendly because there are no ears... I'm sorry, I honestly would rather have #5 printed and framed on my wall :LOL: Haha, each to their own I guess - I suppose composition can be incredibly subjective.

I take your point though, thank you for the comments, if I'm looking to sell (which is the idea) I need to listen to the 'audience'.

Back