Radio Controlled Helicopters

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys

Well, I'm getting into flying my RC helicopters now. Here's a few shots of my heli, and those of others, flying at my local club:

Mine, build complete and ready to fly:
T-rex5002Framed.jpg

Mine being "test flown" by a friend at my club:
T-rex500Set-upflightframed.jpg

T-rex 600 Nitro Pro airborne:
Yellow600NitroProFramed.jpg

T-rex 600 Nitro Pro inverted:
Jems600NitroFramed.jpg

T-rex 600 and T-rex 450 "getting jiggy":
NormsHelisFramed.jpg

I like the "training wheels" in #2
what's the "red thing" that's holding the blades in the lower helo - and what's the "pip"? connecting it to the fuel tank?
v odd!

lovely clear pics btw

They are my training wheels. I'm a beginner and a set of blades for that baby is £50. It will save them in many cases. :D

I think it's just a lanyard to stop him losing his blade caddy. He removes it before flight.

aha
(I guessed he'd remove before flight! :naughty:)

Thanks - that's my mate Jem doing what he does best - he loves it upside down...

:D

I always fancied one of those, but never fancied spending a considerable sum to watch it crash and burn in front of my eyes first time off the ground!

That can happen! :D Focusses the mind somewhat though, when you know what can happen.

Check this guy out:

[YOUTUBE]ne9npRUVW1Y[/YOUTUBE]

crikey that's scary!

Good eh? If you look in YouTube for Alan Szabo, he's pretty good too!

LOL... that's mental... my logical mind tells me that there's an element of luck in that, even though there's obviously not... :woot:

Luck? Perhaps. Skill? For sure.

As I am finding out, this hobby is not easy. To maintain a stable hover needs constant concentration, focus and input to all flight controls all of the time. Failure to comply with this will result in a "mishap".

He's either really bad or really good :LOL:

I can just about hover my heli, but I'm more of an RC car man, raced the o road worlds in 2006 and euros in 2007.

Your heli's looking pretty nice, hope you keep it that way!

Thanks. As I've been told - tis not if you crash, tis when...

nice photos. my dad and i are getting into flying rc planes, been out a couple of times... and only destroyed 1 plane so far! its hard to get used to!

You are right to be cautious. My T-rex 500 is more than capable of killing anything it hits. At max head speed the blade tips, which are made of either fibreglass or carbon fibre (as is your want), are travelling at around 320 MPH.

Cool - where abouts are you? PM me if you wish for anonymity.

Whatto Tim

Ah, but was it you taking the pic too?

Nice pics, the video would be perfect if the chopper was made to look like a dragon fly i think.

Back