RAF Public Display Authorisation

Edit My Images
Yes
Wednesday at RAF Coningsby was the Public Display Authorisation for the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and the Typhoon.

This is the display routine for the 2009 airshow season and is peformed in front of RAF top brass who have to sign off both the routine and the pilots before it can be used on the airshow circuit.

I had positioned myself to get the performance take off of the Typhoon at the cost of not being able to shoot a lot of the displays as they would be into the sun from my location. I thought it would be worth the cost but rather than the usual brakes on, reheat, take off, the pilot opted for a slow taxi first before engaging the reheat. This caused the rotation point to be a lot further down the runway and my plan was shot. :bang:

Anyhow, onto the photos....

As usual more on my site.... http://www.fast-air.co.uk/RAF-Coning...phy-090429.htm

RAF-Typhoon-T1-ZJ800-photo-5.jpg

RAF-Typhoon-T1-ZJ800-photo-3.jpg

BBMF-Dakota-ZA947-photo-2.jpg

BBMF-Lancaster-PA474-photo-4.jpg

Brilliant set, love the wave from the Dakota door! I wonder how many complaints the Lanc nose art will cause?

Well fancy seeing you on here Gord! nice shots mate.

Stu

Awesome set love the last. Got anymore? also got a list of the display locations?

Nice. Excellent shots

Thanks for taking the time to look and reply guys.

Brilliant set, love the wave from the Dakota door! I wonder how many complaints the Lanc nose art will cause?

The Lanc is painted up as EE139 'Phantom of the Ruhr'. You can read about it here....

http://www.airsceneuk.org.uk/hangar/2007/430bbmf/bbmf.htm

Well fancy seeing you on here Gord! nice shots mate.

Stu

:wave:

Hey Stu, good to see you on here. Hope you're keeping well.

Awesome set love the last. Got anymore? also got a list of the display locations?

Just what's on my website. I've got others from the day but they are too similar to the rest for it to be worth posting.

nice shots bet u was gutted were u was with the take off

Nah, it happens on a regular basis when shooting mil aviation, or is it just me? :LOL:

Back