Raleigh Chopper and Nikon FM2

^Oops wrong forum I think, how do I move it :confused:
You don't ;) but the mods can and no doubt will if it gets reported ...

I quite like this, not a fan of the highlights in the background, find them a bit jarring, but like retro feel.

I do like the retro feel to the shot, and the lighting & post work really suits it.

As always, the devil is in the detail: the shot is let down by the front brake not being connected (and it's a V brake that never existed when the original choppers roamed the earth) modern levers, grip-shift instead of stick and modern patterned tights. I still like the shot very much.

Last edited:
Nice colors and composition. Were you able to take any during the moment with out the camera covering her face?

As always, the devil is in the detail: the shot is let down by the front brake not being connected

Now that you say, yes that look a bit silly! The bike really became a prop and no more.

I kind of like it but i am not so sure about the processing, the background feel so desaturated it is almost black and white.

I like the processing on this one actually. If there was one thing I'd change it would have been the peddle in front on the leg/knee.

It’s a great idea, I would like to see her face a bit more.

Having such a desaturated background and a colour model makes it look she’s been cut out and pasted in photoshop. At least on iPhone it looks a little ‘fake’.

I like that a lot, I think the PP makes the subject pop out more. Some beautiful shots on your Flickr links. Lovely.

There both great. Agree with Ben's comments above. For me I find it a shame when we get to see different takes as I'm easily swayed :)

Gaz

The image is fantastic and the PP really brings out the style you were going after!

I do like the retro feel to the shot, and the lighting & post work really suits it.

As always, the devil is in the detail: the shot is let down by the front brake not being connected (and it's a V brake that never existed when the original choppers roamed the earth) modern levers, grip-shift instead of stick and modern patterned tights. I still like the shot very much.

You see now i wasn't going to mention the brake and gears because i like the rest of the shot but now that you have it is ok :LOL:. It is a lovely shot though

yea the breaks and the gear stick caught my eye from the off plus the seat was longer on the first chopper ps i still have one in bits in my mums loft lol i prefer the sooc shot but love your pp on the first photo

Back