Rannoch Moor

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Why couldn't we have this weather last week for the Glencoe TP meet.A 2.15am rise as i couldn't sleep resulted in me taking the 2hr drive to Rannoch Moor. A quick sleep in the sleeping bag and i woke just as the pastels of dawn were covering the scene.A fantastic morning...I played around with various WB during the morning but seemed to like the colder end as it gives the scene that cold feeling which it was at -2 degrees early on.

Pastel dawn by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really great set here Mark, so it's a good job you woke up in time to catch the perfect light.(surely you had an alarm set though?) (y) The underwater detail adds an extra bit for me in the 3rd one.

Cannot beat conditions like that - it has been an incredible few days.

Critique wise processing wise the last is on the heavy side for me. Way too much mid contrast in there. 2nd needs a WB correction, looks too blue - particularly in the shadow area. The first is the best, lovely pastel tones there.

Colours in the first two are good, but the 3rd is a knockout. Worth the effort.

Cannot beat conditions like that - it has been an incredible few days.

Critique wise processing wise the last is on the heavy side for me. Way too much mid contrast in there. 2nd needs a WB correction, looks too blue - particularly in the shadow area. The first is the best, lovely pastel tones there.

Are the adjustments any better?

Are the adjustments any better?
A bit but I still think they are a bit out.

This ones the best

https://flic.kr/p/S5wi6H

The angle you've chosen is top drawer -you have a completely unimcumbered view to the mountains. It might be the angle or the way the shore leads in but I don't think so but 1 and 2 look leaning down left. the 3rd looks level.

Back