Rant thread

Edit My Images
No
Just a little rant, nothing big though.

Don't you jsut hate it when your car works perfectly in the summer and then once the themometer dips below 40 degrees the blatid thing decides it hates you. I've pinpointed the problem down to outer tie rodbearing or the struts but either way it's going ot be a pain for the work involved. I may just wait until spring and finish the job then, and I'll also have a bit more money saved up.

Any one else have a rant that they need to get off their chest?

My car is with the dealer awaiting parts delivery. I probably won't get it back until about the 4th Jan - together with a hooge bill. It needs a widget kit in the auto box. And widgets are expensive this year.

Swap your problem for mine?

My car is with the dealer awaiting parts delivery. I probably won't get it back until about the 4th Jan - together with a hooge bill. It needs a widget kit in the auto box. And widgets are expensive this year.

Swap your problem for mine?

don't tell me......you bought a Jag S type and a solenoid failure in the box has brought the light on ?

close....................:shrug:

My speedo seems to have stopped working, which is handy! Living in the middle of no where I didnt realise till I have about 20miles away entering a town and checked my speed, and realised I was apparently not moving!!!! No idea what the hell is up with it :(

very common problem John.....and not that expensive to repair, so don't let them blag you. ;)

another common one is the Knock sensor ;)

And I can tell you i've fiddled some widgets in my time :D

I'm completely lost with all this talk about widgets but from the sounds of it I'll stick with my problem. :LOL:

LmidgitD

if it goes nosiey in the colder weather, it'll probably be strut top bushes.....leave them till spring :)

John.......get me on msn at some point m8 so I can try and confirm it's the usual dohickey.

80 quid or so for the part
30 quid for new oil
about an hours tinkering.

A very good friend of mine is a jaguar tech ;)

I just had to replace all four disks, pads and rear bearings on my car only cost me £250 inc. a MOT, i'd have rather not pay for it but it wasn't too bad, went shopping at GSF and got my cousin to fit them :D

I think we should change the thread name to "motortrade rant"

I hate the motortrade :D

Just had the lowering kit and new exhaust fitted to my car by Power Engineering in Uxbridge. All good aside from the fact that one of them nicked the little LED torch off my key-ring.:eek: :cautious:

ooh a rant thread, my go, my go!

my older sister single handedly attempting to wreck christmas for everyone

i attempted to give her my present this morning only to be met with "i dont want any christmas presents" and had them pushed back at me.

she might hate christmas but as far as im concerned she can ****ing toe the line for the sake of everyone else mainly our little sister who still thinks santa exists and has been bouncing for days.

im really upset and so is my mum.

now i ahve to drive to my grans in a bit, drop the family off and then when she deems it necessary to get her arse out of bed, i have to drive abck to collect her, its only a 6 mile trip but its the principle of the matter

Whitewash, did you notice this is a car-related rant thread???

Actually I meant this thread to be a general rant thread, but it turned into an automotive rant thread. :thinking: Oh well, whatever happens it's still a rant thread, haha. :bonk:

Can't think of a "non car related rant" and as I drive a Bimmer I've lucked out on a "car related" one too :LOL: :LOL: :p
Paul
PS - Rants whilst drunk do not count (my In-Laws Rant on Xmas Day e.g.)

Back