raptors

Name
steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just found the magical world of bird photography !! seeing that im normally a sports photographer I decided that one day during a bout of boredom I decided to venture out with my camera and went to far ings nature reserve across the Humber bridge as it wasn't too far away from my home, I had a brilliant day in the hides not many birds about but the odd duck and swan made some good photos.
while I was there I got talking to a man who was out walking he told me that marsh harriers have been seen there although I didn't see any I am intrigued to learn if anyone on here that lives in hull, Beverley, south/north cave area or even lincs know where any raptors are about please ? I have been told that there are some red kites in the drewtons manor area of south cave but I'm not sure where as its a fairly extensive area

Blacktoft Sands is good for Marsh Harrier, usually at distance but they do occasionally come in close to the hides.

I've found the best hides are down to the right from reception, although they can turn up any where.

Without looking it up, off the top of me head, I think the most they've had any any one time is around 15 :)

Back