Rattray Head lighthouse

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
#1 is better for me as it has more interest in the water due to colour range and movement, although I guess maybe the off-centre positioning of the lighthouse in #2 appeals more.

Very nice Martin #1 edges it for me with that wave being captured so well

Can absolutely see why No #1 was Commended in UK Landscape Photographer of the Year 2015. (y).

I also like No #2 as it gives a more close up / crisper detail view of the lighthouse; "I" would be tempted to clone out the couple of black "weather" marks on the white stone render under the windows on the lighthouse to make it an even crisper white?

2 Awesome shots - Thanks for sharing. :)

Two excellent shots, the first being my favourite as there is more interest in the sea and I love the colour of the sky. Congratulations on the commendation.

"Congratulations" two "Excellent" shots Martin, I prefer the composition of #2, but overall #1 would be my fav' with it's higher contrast, better sky, and lovely movement in the water.(y)

George.

Click on this link by accident but glad I did, great photos

Love the tones and atmosphere of 1, but both are great with 2 having the edge on the composition for me.
Congrats on your work being commended Martin. Well deserved.

Both are excellent shots, although I think the second one edges it for me.

As yes, I really liked yours when I went down yesterday to check mine out! The motion in the water is just right and I really dig the central placement of the lighthouse. Good work!

What started as very good photography ended up,
IMO, as tasteful and very graphic imagery.
I like that!

Back