RC Drift Cars - Sufficiently challenging

JGP

Name
Josh
Edit My Images
No
Another expensive hobby I'm thinking about getting into.

I visited a local club and they invited me to a demonstration they were doing at a car show.

I was met with the dimmest, oldest, greenest fluorescent-ly lit room I've ever had this displeasure of shooting in.

I think all of these are 1/400th F/2.8 ISO 3200 on a 5D3 70-200 setup. Took 650~ and delivered 61, not a bad keeper rate considering...

Here's my top 8

xGpuGWE.jpg

mLZr4YZ.jpg

mZfX8O3.jpg

3gtLyTw.jpg

AvFxujz.jpg

XnvkXTs.jpg

YGOJizN.jpg

kltVaVP.jpg

What !!! No video :confused:

Yeah a bit cheaper! Thanks, they were a nightmare for focus.

No video, gonna try and do that next time, hopefully in better light. My biggest problem is getting everything low enough to shoot it convincingly. I think the photos would probably have more drama about them.

Dunno if I'd want to get into it per se, but I'd love a wee go with one of those! That would be a great wee afternoons entertainment for a big wean like me!

In fact, I bet shooting them would be quite fun too!

Images look great to me by the way!

Go to the Teesside Aurodrome, photo the full size stuff, then tilt shift it to make it look like toy cars. Simples!! :)
I remember watching a youtube vid of a couple of guys who did RC stuff on a running machine. I think it was a yellow Lambo. They put an Armco alongside, sprayed water into the shot and took some long exposure shots. They looked awesome.

Dunno if I'd want to get into it per se, but I'd love a wee go with one of those! That would be a great wee afternoons entertainment for a big wean like me!

In fact, I bet shooting them would be quite fun too!

Images look great to me by the way!

I've been into RC for a long time so this was a fairly logical leap for me. Its great fun but a steep learning curve, when I visited the club I was given a go of some very powerful cars which wern't fun for a beginner. I've since built my own with a much lower power system and its amazing to drive. I have a few clips on my Instagram @modelmachineshop

Go to the Teesside Aurodrome, photo the full size stuff, then tilt shift it to make it look like toy cars. Simples!! :)
I remember watching a youtube vid of a couple of guys who did RC stuff on a running machine. I think it was a yellow Lambo. They put an Armco alongside, sprayed water into the shot and took some long exposure shots. They looked awesome.

Yep, went a few weeks ago, posted some images in the motorsports thread. I'd be going to the BDC this weekend however its closed except to advanced ticket holders thanks to 2020. Here's a little tilt shift of an 86.

UYodla8.jpg

Back