Rd1 MI Kart Championship

• Thread starter Deleted member 57962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 57962

The start of the Motorsport Ireland kart championship kicked off at Nutts Corner last weekend with the event run over two days, here's some images from a cold & dreary Saurday.

DSC_3902 by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

2 You can rely on the juniors for some first corner frolics, thankfully no one was hurt and the they all got going.
DSC_4394 by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

DSC_4497 by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

DSC_4765 by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

DSC_4813 by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

6 Marmite shot
DSC_4911 by Fran Hollywood Autosportpics.com, on Flickr

different is good
emoji106.png

Cheers Andy, I'm partial to a bit of marmite ;-)

Really nice shots I particularity love number 6 especially, captures the atmosphere. Also good to see the Juniors practicing the Maldonado approach to racing.

Also good to see the Juniors practicing the Maldonado approach to racing.

Thanks for the comment Scott. :) The "Maldonado technique" is very popular with some karters into the 1st corner, it's rarely a successful manoeuvre.

Thanks for the comments John, karting can create some great shots as you can get close to the action compared to other forms of motorsport. :)

Cheers Gary. Marmite seems to be popular ;-)

I really like shot 6
Thanks for the comment Gary :)

what a great subject it takes me back to my karting days long gone now
Former karters pick up a camera to try and capture the new drivers with their colour co-ordinated outfits and wonder how they would compare given the opportunity (less a few stone and a few decades) ;-)

Thanks for the comment Gary :)

Former karters pick up a camera to try and capture the new drivers with their colour co-ordinated outfits and wonder how they would compare given the opportunity (less a few stone and a few decades) ;-)

Data loggers, mechanics with radio ear pieces who do funny dances on the pit wall and worse of all push button starters, oh and don't get me strted on the plastic bodywork ! It were different in our day .

Back