Reached the peak,lock down could start to be eased

I th
img-20200512-wa0011-jpg.278887

I think that there might be some monitoring of traffic coming into Scotland and Wales.

On my route out towards the East coast this morning (circa 220 miles return) I'd say there was a good 10% increase in traffic over last week.
But curiously the majority of that was heading West, not East.

It's a flu virus. Let's keep things in perspective for crying out loud.

War commences in September when the teachers go back and walk out. Trojans they are.

I'd better phone Nicola and tell her the expert on TP says it's only a flu virus.
She'll be so relieved.
You should have told us sooner though.
Right, I'm away to see my grandkids and tell them the good news.

Last edited:

War commences in September when the teachers go back and walk out. Trojans they are.

Thank you so much, as now it`s only Flu I can get rid of the carers looking after my Mum and start to go back over everyday now.

50000 deaths above the five year average, but it's just the flu...

Andy, I know you want this to lead to the downfall of this hateful Conservative government and the cancelling of Brexit which was all founded on lies anyway and all I can do is wish you well in your goal of turning every issue in every thread on his forum to this end. Keep up the good work and good luck.

Andy, I know you want this to lead to the downfall of this hateful Conservative government and the cancelling of Brexit which was all founded on lies anyway
Many a true word is spoken in jest.

Given the adverse effect on the economy and how it's revealed the poor judgements made by the last three governments, I can imagine that there will be pressure to reassess the relationship with the EU, even from within the government's own party.

Andy, I know you want this to lead to the downfall of this hateful Conservative government and the cancelling of Brexit which was all founded on lies anyway and all I can do is wish you well in your goal of turning every issue in every thread on his forum to this end. Keep up the good work and good luck.

Amazing how you can read that into a post that doesn't mention Brexit or the Conservatives. I notice you didn't bother tagging me, or mentioning @Fuji Dave or @boyfalldown who also said it wasn't just flu...

Possibly because you know without me even pointing it out, that your post was utterly irrelevant but you just wanted to try and have a dig for some reason.

Still spouting utter drivel I see

Amazing how you can read that into a post that doesn't mention Brexit or the Conservatives. I notice you didn't bother tagging me, or mentioning @Fuji Dave or @boyfalldown who also said it wasn't just flu...

Possibly because you know without me even pointing it out, that your post was utterly irrelevant but you just wanted to try and have a dig for some reason.

Brush it over your head Andy, not worth the agro when folk have a dig (y)

I’m not really sure how you got any of that from Andy’s post? Nor the relevance to his point?

Looks like camera shops will be open from the middle of June, how they ever missed being classed as essential i dont know :ROFLMAO:

Borris said we would come out of lockdown slowly with each step being monitored before the next, thats not happening he is rushing through the changes before the results can be looked at, we are IMO heading up sh1t creek.

Last edited:
Borris said we would come out of lockdown slowly with each step being monitored before the next, thats not happening he is rushing through the changes before the results can be looked at, we are IMO heading up sh1t creek.

I don’t think he is rushing. People are already meeting up as you can only you keep people locked up for so long. People round my way were very well behaved at the start but slipping now.

Other countries who were a couple of weeks ahead of us have lifted some restrictions and outs are at a slow pace. Shops opening in 2 weeks with restrictions. Still now leisure or beauty stuff. Can only meet 6 ppl outdoors as of next week. Can’t really see how it could be slower.

We are already seeing job cuts and people suffering financially, keep lockdown for longer and we will be in a real mess for years.

and I then got a ban for a comment which was taken out of context.
Give it a rest FFS! How many more times are you going to drag this up? you were given a holiday for a good reason.
Its over and done..

The 18 parts of England and Wales not yet past the peak according to the most recent ONS data are...

Ashford, Kent

Broadland, Norfolk

Carlisle, Cumbria

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Eden, Cumbria

Fenland, Cambridgeshire

Herefordshire

Hinckley and Bosworth, Leicestershire

Kettering, Northamptonshire

North Somerset

Preston, Lancashire

Richmondshire, North Yorkshire

Rother, East Sussex

Selby, North Yorkshire

South Norfolk

Its a delicate balance. They have to believe they have broad public support for maintaining restrictions. If the public have had enough the dam will break.

I think it's all a bit rushed too, not sure why they are ignoring scientific advice, political or economical presumably.
Just been reading that Huntingdonshire has plateaued, but not coming down as they hoped
Three places Peterborough, Huntingdon and St Neots were named, not good.

They went from saying they were following the science, to today's "the scientists are aware of our actions"... Not exactly inspiring me with confidence

Its a delicate balance. They have to believe they have broad public support for maintaining restrictions. If the public have had enough the dam will break.

I think on the whole the public were on side, there had been infractions by a number of MP from all parties and various advisors but most apologised for their mistakes (MP'S) and some even resigned (advisors) but the fly in the ointment was Cummings he neither apologised or resigned and I personally don't think that the majority of the public were to happy about him for what he did or the excuse he came up with, which is leading us to were we are today the government ignoring advice and hoping everything's OK. I hope they're right.

When the government wanted us to go into lockdown the infection and death rate were easily found on news sites to frighten us into obedience, i dont see much of them now, i have to hunt for them, wonder why.

Back