Recent Cumbrian Trip

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
From a few weeks ago,dont get round to posting much here but here goes.
DSC01072_zpsd6d0903e.jpg

DSC01033_zps956a81bf.jpg

DSC01031_zpseb70680a.jpg

No. 2 captures it really well for me, the colours, light, and beck wandering off into the distance, like being there but without all the puffing, panting and sweating.

The first and last are my pick(y).

The light was not playing when you took these.

It certainly looks like Watendlath to me.

The light was not playing when you took theseme.

That's my c&c. Dull flat light makes for dull flat images. As pretty images they fail, fall at the first hurdle.

But as a device to show how that place looks the bulk of the time an accurate rendition. British countryside, occasionally beautiful but often flat, grey and uninspiring.

That's my c&c. Dull flat light makes for dull flat images. As pretty images they fail, fall at the first hurdle.

But as a device to show how that place looks the bulk of the time an accurate rendition. British countryside, occasionally beautiful but often flat, grey and uninspiring.
Inspiring words, are we all fated towards the golden hours then? :|

Absolutely not, if a blue sky with fluffy white clouds and a land with the greenest of greens is all that floats your boat then I feel sorry for you.

Absolutely not, if a blue sky with fluffy white clouds and a land with the greenest of greens is all that floats your boat then I feel sorry for you.

No, but the light has to be interesting. Shadows, contrast, not just flat grey dullness. A day like that isn't a day to get the camera out other than to take a snap shot to say I've been there.

No, but the light has to be interesting. Shadows, contrast, not just flat grey dullness. A day like that isn't a day to get the camera out other than to take a snap shot to say I've been there.

OK, we are not going to agree but for me No. 2 tells a bit of a story and is more that just a snap. It shows a dormant land emerging from under snow cover and the path invites a walker to explore deeper into the landscape but heavy black rain clouds threaten the unwary.

Back