Recent studio work

cowboy

Guy Fawkes
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Recently I got the chance to do a creative afternoon shooting a couple of models in a localish studio.

Olivia b/w by cowboy72, on Flickr

Olivia by cowboy72, on Flickr

Power by cowboy72, on Flickr

The headshot were done with a softbox above a triflector, the standing one was a strip box off to the right.

Wow #2 is immense

#3 not sure on the shadow in the background a little distracting for me.

nice shots, the posing and lighting works well. Don't know if you want critique, so apologies if not, but the second image has quite noticeable colour shifts around the ear, temple and neck that would be worth fixing.

Cheers folks :)
nice shots, the posing and lighting works well. Don't know if you want critique, so apologies if not, but the second image has quite noticeable colour shifts around the ear, temple and neck that would be worth fixing.
Yep I noticed that after I uploaded it :) Thanks.

#1 is the stand out for me. Nice work Mark. :)
Nice isn't it :D

There's a good technique for a quick way to match skin tones here. Hope you don't mind but I did a retouch of the second photo as is it is stunning and I wanted to practice for my own benefit. Used the linked technique with a couple of curves layers to smooth skin tones and a blend if to stop it colouring the hair, then a dodge and burn layer and a bit of cloning on hair. It was done with a mouse at work so not perfect but the photo you took is great.

olivia-edit.jpg

just let me know if you'd prefer I delete it.

I can't seem to get on with the technique you linked to, I'll find a way though.

Last edited:
Back