Recent Wedding in the Scottish Highlands

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
First one's not quite there for me. It's something about that light in the gap between her thumb and index finger. I bet I'm not the only one whose immediate thought upon first seeing it was that she's got a fag going.

Second one's almost there but those flowers on the right are distracting the viewer away from the bride and her dad somewhat, so I'd keep the aspect ratio but crop it tighter, and spend 30 seconds zapping some light spots round the groom's head while I'm at it ...

crop1_zpsikv04bf8.jpg

And AFAIC the other four are just fine.

i'm really struck by #4 .....(y)

perhaps just a wee crop on the left side to the dip in the far valley to balance.?
and remove the dark tussock

I was struck by the processing to the extent that I'm finding it a wee bit intrusive, especially when they're presented as a set. The mono shots are very contrasty while the colour ones are (a) a bit muddy and (b) different from one another.

Thanks, thats a fair point. It is something I have to work on in achieving more consistency through a set of photos. I also struggle with achieving consistency when I mix shooting in natural ambient light with using an OCF.

Excellent set, lovely wedding dress (y)

Not only the couple was good looking and
cool actors but you succeeded some very
convincing takes in there! They all have a
little something… and none is weak! (y)

1) Love it, although Dan makes a good point on her hand.
2) The light is working against you here. If he'd turned to his left you'd have a winner. As is the eyes are in shadow and my eyes go to the best man. And the flowers.
3) Nice
4) This has me scratching my head. The dress suggests good light was hitting them but their faces suggest otherwise. It looks like you've dragged a graduated filter down in LR to darker the clouds but let it go too far (over their faces). As is it's not too good at all.
5) Nice but I'd lose the strand of hair coming from her forehead.
6) Good one.

HTH

Cheers - regarding 2, I hear what you are saying and I have a few others with him looking towards the light from the same position but I liked how the best man appears to be saying something to the groom (who knows what) and for me that was the focus of this shot.

Cheers - regarding 2, I hear what you are saying and I have a few others with him looking towards the light from the same position but I liked how the best man appears to be saying something to the groom (who knows what) and for me that was the focus of this shot.

I understand that, Michael, but the ordinary viewer of this shot as posted sees two pictures - the interaction of best man and groom, and the bride and her dad plus the flowers - with a gap between them. The eye doesn't know where to look immediately. It's very well seen, but what would have made it a hero shot is a slightly higher viewpoint more to your left, so as to bring the bride and her dad closer to the two guys. More connection between the two elements, and more impact because the picture reads faster.

But whatever, the above merely an observation ... :)

These are all gorgeous. Agree with the comments above, but man, the Wuthering Heights vibe you've got going there really struck me. Hope their marriage is a happy one :)

Back