Recent Wedding Photos

I really like these, Marcus. Definitely something I aspire to. The fact that there are a lot of posed, set-up stuff I guess is your choice. If you and your clients like that sort of thing, then that's what works for your style/business model I guess. I really do like the processing and framing in 3 and 4 here. As others have mentioned, I am unsure how tailoring the processing to each wedding will look if you had a portfolio of images from different weddings, but it will be interesting to see how it works out.

Bottom line, much better than I can do, but they are really good IMO.

Hi Gareth, Lots mentioned above about the mix of posed vs natural, however I'm finding the reality of the wedding is that brides want a certain amount of posed shots. Whether it is because mum and dad wanted posed, or the bride went to a recent wedding and they had posed, or they looked through a friends album or facebook page and they wanted posed; so sometimes the artistic limits about what you want to produce as a photographer do not match the brides expectations. They are paying so as long as they aren't asking for anything too out of our 'style' or delivery, at Class Weddings the whole philosophy is that nothing is set, you tell us what you want and we will produce it, so we never force certain shots on to a couple, we ask them what they want. Some have a very good idea, some don't. some have 300 shots on Pinterest they want us to do, one had a spreadsheet almost dictating every shot through out the day. Ultimately we take on general requests including a formal list, but quite happily tell the people with the long lists that we cannot guarantee all, but will try for most.

As for the processing, it's not about one wedding have a very washed out look, then the next having a contrasty art deco look, etc. It is just that every wedding is slightly different, so it's about matching the processing to the wedding, but nothing too wacky. It's all generally in line with a set look, just I don't think that having one set lightroom action for every wedding does every wedding justice.

Thanks Gareth for posting, I've always loved your work so to receive these comments from you about mine is compliment indeed. Thanks mate.

As for the processing, it's not about one wedding have a very washed out look, then the next having a contrasty art deco look, etc. It is just that every wedding is slightly different, so it's about matching the processing to the wedding, but nothing too wacky. It's all generally in line with a set look, just I don't think that having one set lightroom action for every wedding does every wedding justice.

Thanks Gareth for posting, I've always loved your work so to receive these comments from you about mine is compliment indeed. Thanks mate.

Yeah I did think that about the processing after I'd posted this. It's a good point. I agree the same preset doesn't suit all and I think it can be tweaked without being too different for sure.

Thanks for the in depth reply. As I said, this standard of work is something I aspire to so enjoy looking at your (and a few other people here) stuff.

Yeah I did think that about the processing after I'd posted this. It's a good point. I agree the same preset doesn't suit all and I think it can be tweaked without being too different for sure.

Thanks for the in depth reply. As I said, this standard of work is something I aspire to so enjoy looking at your (and a few other people here) stuff.

Mate you under estimate yourself. I remember someone saying to you that the only thing holding you back is yourself. Get out there and shoot more!

Hi Gareth, Lots mentioned above about the mix of posed vs natural, however I'm finding the reality of the wedding is that brides want a certain amount of posed shots. Whether it is because mum and dad wanted posed, or the bride went to a recent wedding and they had posed, or they looked through a friends album or facebook page and they wanted posed; so sometimes the artistic limits about what you want to produce as a photographer do not match the brides expectations. They are paying so as long as they aren't asking for anything too out of our 'style' or delivery, at Class Weddings the whole philosophy is that nothing is set, you tell us what you want and we will produce it, so we never force certain shots on to a couple, we ask them what they want. Some have a very good idea, some don't. some have 300 shots on Pinterest they want us to do, one had a spreadsheet almost dictating every shot through out the day. Ultimately we take on general requests including a formal list, but quite happily tell the people with the long lists that we cannot guarantee all, but will try for most.

Out of interest mate do you feel this will ever drive you mad and that you'll never be able to be creative in your own vision as a result? I just ask as I could never work the way you've described there, it would mean I'd not produce my best work and I wouldn't enjoy doing the job.

I know it's different for everyone but to me photography is about pursuing your own creative vision and creating work in your own style, not following orders or lists of how and what to shoot. I just ask as I genuinely think after a few years of doing this you may feel disillusioned and wonder what direction you are going in... Or maybe not, maybe that's just my narrow view on things :)

...to me photography is about pursuing your own creative vision and creating work in your own style, not following orders or lists of how and what to shoot.

Which is of course absolutely fine - unless you're trying to make a living out of wedding photography.

If you are, you have to compromise.

And that doesn't mean selling your soul.

Which is of course absolutely fine - unless you're trying to make a living out of wedding photography.

If you are, you have to compromise.

And that doesn't mean selling your soul.

Well yeah there will always be one or two photos you probably don't want to do but do anyway, I'm talking about the client directing things in a large way though... It's better to have a defined personal style you love shooting and maybe doing one or two 'compromise' shots than spend x amount of years shooting things in the vision of many different people IMO

Yep DG, I love cheese.....
daz_6284_by_dazwpw-d8hqf0p.jpg

1559407_357673557748026_1825325035813256278_o_by_dazwpw-d8hqgks.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots daryl - except that the guy sat on the red mini facing left seems from his facial expression to be taking a really hard s*** .... one of those 'smile you miserable b*****d' moments ;)

Last edited:
Back