Red Arrow at Night

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I had an opportunity to photograph this beauty last night.
Conditions were tricky with lots of light flooding the scene and the tensabarriers were a shame, but I made the most of it.

Any hints, tips advice on how to improve or what I could/should do differently would be appreciated?

Settings were D7000, manual, f/25, 15 sec exp, iso 1000, 21mm

Red Arrow Night Shot
by Steve B, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Another, but not so good.I think the issue here was a lack of lens hood...?
Also those blimmin barriers!

Red Arrow Night Shot
by Steve B, on Flickr

My first thought when I saw the first one in another thread was "A step or 2 to the left and duck"! Loses the plastic barrier and shows more of the car at the slight expense of the "ROYAL". IMO the flare doesn't detract from the image too much.

My first thought when I saw the first one in another thread was "A step or 2 to the left and duck"! Loses the plastic barrier and shows more of the car at the slight expense of the "ROYAL".
I'm kicking myself now because of exactly this. I just couldn't see it at the time. :(

Looked up its history, though I could not (yet) confirm she is still "active" she has had a long life......now 40 years old and still looking great :)

She's got no engine left sadly. She was decommissioned in 2012 and her engine was transferred.

My initial thought, that's got no donk (engine). Sitting very high off the ground. Good opportunity shot though.

My initial thought, that's got no donk (engine). Sitting very high off the ground. Good opportunity shot though.

Now you mention it, it does look high(er) off the ground. Though to look "natural" you would have thought they would ballast it or alter the landing gear loading tensions???

Back