Red Arrows again....(56k warning)

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
All taken at the Port Of Dartmouth Royal Regatta last weekend...

7994RedArrows.jpg

8021RedArrows.jpg

8108RedArrows.jpg

8128RedArrows.jpg

8102RedArrows.jpg

8085RedArrows.jpg

8130RedArrows.jpg

All taken with the 30D and the Sigma 70-300.

Cheers for looking! :)

That last one is nice and clear!

Good set :)

Thanks Robert - I am just SO chuffed with these - it must be said that the conditions couldn't have been much better and Dartmouth is a superb place to watch the 'Arrows anyway....the whole display is punctuated with the pilots whooping in delight as they are having so much fun! We're really lucky in that they enjoy it so much, it's one request for a display that they only turn down if they absolutely have to! (y)

:eek: from that Sigma too!

I am very very impressed (I've got the same lens and dream of shots like that)

:eek: from that Sigma too!

I am very very impressed (I've got the same lens and dream of shots like that)

Awww - cheers for that Marcel - that comment has made my day considering the number of times I've looked at yours and others shots and thought "If only I could do that!" :D

The Sigma is a damned good piece of kit I would have to say - considering it's a £150 lens I didn't expect it to be that good, but I know use it almost exclusively at speedway (the kit lens comes out for portrait stuff but that's about it) and I'm getting some nice clear stuff there these days too. If it wasn't for my now increasingly serious yen for some L glass, and the need for a decent low light lens, I'd not be saving so hard for the 70-200 f2.8!

Very nice shots again, agree the last shot is very good, but favourite would actually be #5, really like the composition of them rolling over in formation with the smoke trail showing their change in direction.

All very good shots :)

Thanks for sharing (y)

Hmmm...that choice of lenses does give you a tough choice, doesn't it. I should mention that because at Dartmouth all the displays take place right over the river things are a LOT closer than they are at most shows.

Shot two is uncropped from the original image and according to the image file was shot at 190mm, no. 6 (the close pass) was cropped a little, and was at 168mm (Camera's crop factor is 1.6x)........a lot of the time I was only working a little above the 200mm level......I'd be inclined to start with the 70-200mm lens on the basis that a better quality lens will deliver you sharper results anyway and you may be able to crop to a good image - you can always change after the first display or two if you feel you want a little more reach.

Whatever you decide - have fun and remember to share the results!!

Always glad to see the Arrows
Thanks for sharing.

There are some great shots there, I was at Waddington earlier in the year to do my 1st airshow and it's a lot harder than you think, there are some stunning results in that little lot.

great stuff, i particularly like pics 1 and 5, (y)

I have seen hundreds of shots of the Arrows but these are exceptionally good mate.:)

Back