Red Arrows Air to Air 4 March 2015

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I recently received a clearance to share my RAFAT images from March of last year. Light was challenging as I flew with Red 9 for the PM sortie and that meant a lot of backlighting - don't get me wrong though, I'm happy with what I've produced.

Red Arrows 4 Mar 15 Red 9 (1 of 1)-10 by Paul Heasman, on Flickr

Red Arrows 4 Mar 15 Red 9 (1 of 1)-8 by Paul Heasman, on Flickr

Red Arrows 4 Mar 15 Red 9 (1 of 1)-3 by Paul Heasman, on Flickr

Red Arrows 4 Mar 15 Red 9 (1 of 1)-2 by Paul Heasman, on Flickr

1 (5) by Paul Heasman, on Flickr

1 (4) by Paul Heasman, on Flickr

Enjoy!

I'd be happy with those too. I love every minute of watching them perform. Thanks for sharing.

Dynamic takes and awesome renditions Paul!
Beautiful from wing tip to wing tip!

You defiantly have one of the best jobs out there Paul..! What a Fantastic set, I'm hoping you've got some of the delta lady air to air.?

You lucky bugger for being able to get a ride to take those pics (I'm sure it was skill rather than luck). They are a fantastic air display and you have produced a cracking set.

Last year, I was in a hotel in Swindon where they were staying and at breakfast I was disappointed that they didn't enter the restaurant in formation. (Sorry, it was funny at the time when I was tucking into my cornflakes)

Last edited:
wow, truly stunning photos, I'd be well happy with any of those (or the chance to fly!).

Number 4 (in the order they are posted) really brings out the vibrancy in the red and the penultimate B&W shot is gripping in that it gives you an indication of the view and danger faced by the pilot, very moody!

2nd & 4th for me, a great privileged opportunity :)

I'd be happy with those too. I love every minute of watching them perform. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you like them. Many thanks for taking the time to comment.

Dynamic takes and awesome renditions Paul!
Beautiful from wing tip to wing tip!

Cheers!

2, 4 and 5 for me definitely, that must have been some trip!

Thanks, this were taken on my 4th and 5th sorties with the team - a fantastic experience.

You defiantly have one of the best jobs out there Paul..! What a Fantastic set, I'm hoping you've got some of the delta lady air to air.?

None of the Vulcan - I'm afraid that the Vulcan became something of a cash-grab toward the end.

:)

What a stunning set - love the light in the first three. Excellent photography.

I was fortunate with the weather that day - unfortunately I missed out on the midday sortie with Red 5 due to crosswind.

Wow I love the red arrows these are outstanding images, fantastic stuff well done.

Many thanks!

They're all fantastic, but number two is on another level!

Thank you!

Nice to see you posting again.
"As you were"

Glad to be back Chris - things might be a bit quiet for a few months - but I have some interesting projects lined up.

You lucky bugger for being able to get a ride to take those pics (I'm sure it was skill rather than luck). They are a fantastic air display and you have produced a cracking set.

Last year, I was in a hotel in Swindon where they were staying and at breakfast I was disappointed that they didn't enter the restaurant in formation. (Sorry, it was funny at the time when I was tucking into my cornflakes)

They might have been in gaggle formation! :)

wow, truly stunning photos, I'd be well happy with any of those (or the chance to fly!).

Number 4 (in the order they are posted) really brings out the vibrancy in the red and the penultimate B&W shot is gripping in that it gives you an indication of the view and danger faced by the pilot, very moody!

Thanks - I'm still learning with Lightroom 4 and trying to develop my own style, but am glad with the results here.

Great images nice to get the chance to be up with them

Yest, I wish I'd taken the opportunity to fly with them more.

2nd & 4th for me, a great privileged opportunity :)

Hard won opportunity! :)

Cracking set :)

The first thing that came in to my head for no.3 was "go home hawks your drunk" :LOL::coat:

5 for me, sensational.

Great series of photos, and great opportunity.

Just brilliant....if I had to choose a standout shot it would be No.2 but they are all great.

Super set and No.5 I do like the most, what the heck are those wiggly lines on the windscreen for? (or whatever the equivalent windscreen would be named for a plane) lol

Great work and could never have the stomach to do anything like that.

Having followed you work for sometime i have massive respect for what you and your colleagues do.

Still have the Loop on my bucket list just for the Hawks.

4 is the one for me, to be really picky could do with a bit of a contrast boost and a smidge of exposure, although it's good work considering it was the dull side. Nice to see your shots again though, and I'll refrain from saying anything about massive watermarks!

Super set and No.5 I do like the most, what the heck are those wiggly lines on the windscreen for? (or whatever the equivalent windscreen would be named for a plane) lol

They are explosive det cords, designed to shatter the canopy before ejection (it's quicker then jettisoning the canopy and is more comfortable then being fired through it).

4 is the one for me, to be really picky could do with a bit of a contrast boost and a smidge of exposure, although it's good work considering it was the dull side. Nice to see your shots again though, and I'll refrain from saying anything about massive watermarks!

They are explosive det cords, designed to shatter the canopy before ejection (it's quicker then jettisoning the canopy and is more comfortable then being fired through it).
Thanks! Glad I dont fly planes. Would neither like either to be tested!

Back