Red Deer at Ashton Court Estate, Bristol.

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Dreary morning for photography (and walking through muddy woodland paths!).
The Ashton Court Estate has two deer parks, one for Red Deer and another for Fallow Deer, however today there was no sign of the Fallow Deer and the Red Deer were at the far end of the park ... hence the walk along muddy paths.
Not very much action on this visit, will have to go back when the light is better and maybe a tad warmer to stir them up a bit. :)

1. Majestic bellows.

Red Deer
by Roger, on Flickr

2. Staking a claim.

Red Deer
by Roger, on Flickr

3. Responding to the call.

Red Deer
by Roger, on Flickr

4. Practice makes perfect.

Red Deer
by Roger, on Flickr

5. Going nowhere fast.

Red Deer
by Roger, on Flickr

6. We the curious.

Red Deer
by Roger, on Flickr

Lovely set Roger, cracking portrait in #1 (y)

Nice set Roger- I have never Photographed Park deer, is it worth the trip up from Taunton? as opposed to wandering like a mad man all over Exmoor :eek::eek:

Les :)

Nice set Roger- I have never Photographed Park deer, is it worth the trip up from Taunton? as opposed to wandering like a mad man all over Exmoor :eek::eek:

Les :)
I would say so Les, it is quite a decent sized herd, generally within range of my 200-500 and often 200mm is way to long - a 70-200 would ave worked at times for me. £1.30 to park in the carpark all day, little cafe and toilets available and an opportunity to photograph the mansion and surrounding parkland, stonework and gardens.

great shots roger
what body+lens for this set
as your profile still has a 850 shooter

great shots roger
what body+lens for this set
as your profile still has a 850 shooter

D7500 + 200-500 (my exif is always shown on flickr).
I forgot my profile, I'll have to change it.

click on your little avatar at the top of the page then click on account details

I would say so Les, it is quite a decent sized herd, generally within range of my 200-500 and often 200mm is way to long - a 70-200 would ave worked at times for me. £1.30 to park in the carpark all day, little cafe and toilets available and an opportunity to photograph the mansion and surrounding parkland, stonework and gardens.

Thank you Roger- it's getting a little wild for 3 hour Exmoor treks now :)

Back