Red Deer

… that first one is really hypnotic, Martin! (y)

The first shot is a classic image, nice work Martin

A nice set Martin - I'm itching to get out with the Deer at the moment and this isn't helping!

Pick for me is the 3rd, I love the backlit breath shots, and the pose suits this perfectly. Nice work

Mike

A nice set Martin - I'm itching to get out with the Deer at the moment and this isn't helping!

Pick for me is the 3rd, I love the backlit breath shots, and the pose suits this perfectly. Nice work

Mike

Thanks Mike me too. I went again today it looks like it is all over so you missed your chance. Only joking today was better in and out by 9am so didn't even miss working.

Early Red In Golden Light
by Martin Billard, on Flickr

making me hungry too Martin a feast for the eyes cheers mate, good for you..........any thoughts on rut being early or late this year mate?

yup last for me too it's the light belter !! knew it was gonna be good this morn

stu

making me hungry too Martin a feast for the eyes cheers mate, good for you..........any thoughts on rut being early or late this year mate?

yup last for me too it's the light belter !! knew it was gonna be good this morn

stu

Some pairing up but no battles that I have seen 3 visits 9 - 10 hours. Richmond is so big it is hard to tell what is gong on but quite a bit of bellowing and matching up to each other. Loads of togs today so tricky to get deer on their own.

Nice set Martin but the last two back lit are stunning(y)

After seeing the last shot you posted, I wondered if the third in the set might benefit from being warmed up and a touch of brightness added, more personal choice but I removed the lens flare from its back as well, couldn't decide if it added or distracted from the shot :)

37429503616_25cda502e5_c.jpg

Nice set Martin but the last two back lit are stunning(y)

After seeing the last shot you posted, I wondered if the third in the set might benefit from being warmed up and a touch of brightness added, more personal choice but I removed the lens flare from its back as well, couldn't decide if it added or distracted from the shot :)

View attachment 112001

Phil

Interesting what you did shows I still have to learn more pp skills. How did you remove the flare?

How did you remove the flare?

I just zoomed in to the point where each pixel was visible then used the clone tool, selected a hard brush, size 3 pixels, took no more than a minute.

Here's a screen shot showing how close I zoom in and worked on the flare, you can see the top half removed. Don't worry if the cloning looks a little noticeable at that size, when zoomed back out to normal viewing size, no cloning will be visible

Screen shot.jpg

Some pairing up but no battles that I have seen 3 visits 9 - 10 hours. Richmond is so big it is hard to tell what is gong on but quite a bit of bellowing and matching up to each other. Loads of togs today so tricky to get deer on their own.

I've seen a couple of battles. Including two fallow stags going for it which is a first for me.I got the I'mpression this rut is far better then last years damp squib

thanks Martin trying to get a handle on grabbing some time off many thanks for this and Hugh's thoughts.

Martin I also really like the warmth added by Phil,do you think the stamp tool in ddp could be used for that type of cloning ,I only use it for dust spots really sort of curious after seeing the above?

cheers for the reply

stu

thanks Martin trying to get a handle on grabbing some time off many thanks for this and Hugh's thoughts.

Martin I also really like the warmth added by Phil,do you think the stamp tool in ddp could be used for that type of cloning ,I only use it for dust spots really sort of curious after seeing the above?

cheers for the reply

stu
Stu

I am not sure I have not used DDP for quite a while.

Back